Switch To Hindi
State Policy Conclave–2021
- 08 Dec 2021
- 4 min read
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan virtually interacted with the ministry in the State Policy Conclave - 2021 organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry at Hotel Le Meridien New Delhi.
- The Chief Minister said that the country will become self-reliant only when the states are self-reliant. A four-point based road map has been prepared for self-reliant Madhya Pradesh. These 4 points are:
- Physical infrastructure
- Good governance
- Health and education
- Economy and employment.
- The Madhya Pradesh government has two major goals-
- First, to develop entrepreneurship qualities in the youth of Madhya Pradesh, so that they become job creators and not job seekers.
- Second, to make Madhya Pradesh the most attractive state for investment.
- Atal Expressway and Narmada Expressway are being constructed from the east to west border of the state with the aim of giving a better environment for investment to the investors in the state.
- Industrial centers and industrial townships will be developed around the expressway.
- With the aim of providing skilled human resources in the state, a Global Skill Park is being built in collaboration with Singapore.
- The concept of 'Start Your Business in 30 Days' is being implemented. In this, permission will be given to set up industry in 30 days.
- Madhya Pradesh is a state providing surplus electricity.
- In the first phase of Bharatmala project, it has been decided to set up multi modal logistic parks at Indore and Bhopal.
- In the era of Covid, there has been an increase of 49 percent in industrial units in Madhya Pradesh in comparison to 2019 in 2021. There has been an increase of 33 per cent in allotment of land to industries, 67 per cent in proposed investment and 39 per cent in employment.
- Madhya Pradesh is among the first 5 states to avail additional loan amount due to successful implementation of Ease of Doing Business reforms.
- Madhya Pradesh has secured first position in the western region. This has provided additional financial resources of Rs 2,373 crore to the state. To accelerate industrial development, 'Dewas Investment Zone' and 'Ratlam Investment Zone' have been created.
- The Medical Device Park has been approved by the Government of India in the Mohasa-Babai industrial area of Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh.
- 16 clusters have been identified for laying a network of micro, small and medium industries in the state, out of which 13 clusters have been approved by the central government. In these activities like furniture, textile, powerloom, toys, jaggery, namkeen will be encouraged. Approval has been given for a furniture cluster in Indore.
- In order to make vocal from local, specific products have been selected for each district of the state under the 'One District-One Product' scheme.
- For guidance and publicity to exporters, 'MP Trade Portal' and 'Export Helpline' have been launched.
- The state of Madhya Pradesh has successfully implemented 1,896 reforms to reduce the regulatory compliance burden while remaining among the leading states. Online land allotment process has been implemented in industrial areas with a GIS based land allotment system.