National Education Policy 2020 Task Force Meeting
- 08 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, a meeting of the Task Force constituted for the National Education Policy 2020 was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- In this meeting, the Chief Minister said that Yoga would be developed as a sport and included in the curriculum of school education. A Yoga Commission will be formed in the state for the expansion of Yoga to the people.
- Integrating the education of yoga at the school level will help in making education interesting and promoting health of the students.
- The Chief Minister said that implementation of effective methods of imparting moral education along with vocational education would be ensured in the National Education Policy in the state. The National Education Policy has clear provisions for learning of local skills and important vocational crafts.
- To reduce the number of dropouts in class 6 and class 9, 'School Chalen Abhiyan' will be run for admission in class 5th to 6th and class 8th to 9th.
- Inder Singh Parmar, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for School Education said that a task force has been constituted for the implementation of National Education Policy 2020 in the state. In this, 4 Framework Groups for State Curriculum and 25 Focus Groups have been constituted at the State level for the development of State Curriculum Framework. There are 24 non-official members and 26 government members in the task force.