Switch To Hindi
State's First Solar city Sanchi will have 6 thousand kilowatt Solar System
- 08 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- In the meeting held in Sanchi in the presence of New and Renewable Energy Minister Hardeep Singh Dung and Public Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Prabhuram Chaudhary, an action plan was prepared to make Sanchi a Solar City and it was announced to install a solar system of 6 thousand kilowatt capacity in the Sanchi Grid under Solar City Project.
- 20 acres of land has been identified in Nagori village to make Sanchi a ground-mounted solar system. Additional 4 hectares of land will be identified for setting up phase 1.5 MW of solar system capacity.
- It is worth mentioning that the central government has planned to develop one city in each state as a solar city.
- Keeping in view the tourism and proximity to the capital, the Madhya Pradesh government has decided to develop Sanchi as a solar city.
- Every household, agriculture and industry in Sanchi will be connected to the solar system. This will give a boost to the local economy along with reducing the need for electricity bills, pollution, and government subsidies.
- Sanchi will become an exemplary model for other cities. Along with tourism, Sanchi will also have a different identity in the field of solar energy.