Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on January 31, 2023, Uttar Pradesh has set a record by becoming one of the four states that have provided more than 75 lakh tap connections. Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Department celebrated this big achievement of the state government with enthusiasm in the form of 'Har Ghar Jal, 75 lakh taps' function.
- In Uttar Pradesh, congratulating the entire team of the department on this achievement, 75 engineers, officers and employees were honored with mementos.
- Apart from this, a film based on the two-year successful journey of Jal Jeevan Mission was unveiled and an e-booklet listing the achievements of the department was released.
- In the program, especially in Bundelkhand, how clean drinking water is being made available to every village in adverse circumstances, it was staged through various cultural programs and efforts were made to reach every household in different rural areas of the state along with eastern, western Uttar Pradesh. The joys received from the festival were presented through cultural highlights.
- Jal Jeevan Mission's Har Ghar Jal Yojana Uttar Pradesh, which has the largest rural population, has achieved a major milestone in a short span of time and has secured the fourth position among the states by providing tap connections to 75,26,740 rural households out of more than 2.62 crore rural households.
- Significantly, Bihar is ahead of Uttar Pradesh with more than 1.58 crore, Maharashtra with more than 1.06 crore and Gujarat with more than 91 lakh tap connections.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved an additional financial provision of Rs 100.99 crore to strengthen the Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) to curb the increasing traffic pressure on the roads and road accidents in the state.
- According to the proposal, the Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) will play an important role in taking prompt action against drivers violating traffic rules and driving under the influence of alcohol on highways and main roads of the state.
- Apart from this, road accidents due to over speed and overloaded vehicles will also be curbed.
- Recently, the State Road Safety Institute has been opened by the state government at Harishchandra Mathur Public Training Institute in Jaipur. Rajasthan Public Transport Authority is also proposed to be formed under the Road Safety Act.
- Under ITMS, various works including automatic traffic monitoring and violation detection system, speed violation detection system, red light violation system, various insignia, CCTV surveillance system, traffic monitoring center and e-challan will be done.
- The main objectives of ITMS include timely and efficient disposal of invoices, curbing serious road accidents and bringing various departments of the state on one platform in coordination for better functioning.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the Center for Cyber Security, Counter Terrorism and Anti-Insurgency being set up by the Rajasthan Government with the aim of prevention of crimes in the state and awareness among the general public in order to further strengthen cyber security. 18.40 crore was approved for the equipment's.
- With this approval of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, state level, range/Commissionerate level and district level labs will be developed under the center. In the lab, software will be developed for the state by contacting government agencies present in different states and countries for cyber security, crime intelligence, research and prevention.
- Setting up of the centre will new malware, threats help in updating about, viruses. Also, training will be done in the state level lab for the latest updates about cyber-crime.
- It is noteworthy that the state government has established cyber police stations in all the districts of the state. Necessary equipment for investigation of crimes has also been provided in these police stations.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Pawan Kumar Goyal, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of School and Sanskrit Education, Rajasthan, released the Departmental Rules, 2021 of the Education Department at the Government Secretariat, Jaipur.
- It is noteworthy that the rules of the Education Department were earlier released in the year 1997.
- Additional Chief Secretary of School and Sanskrit Education Department Pawan Kumar Goyal said that the Departmental Rules, 1997 of the Education Department have now been republished with adequate amendments and updated rules.
- He informed that all the service rules, departmental structure etc. have been compiled in 17 chapters in the 508-page manual specified under the aegis of the Rajasthan State Education Policy Committee in the Departmental Manual of the Education Department, 2021.
Why In News?
- On January 30, 2023, the fifth Khelo India Youth Games-2022 got off to a colorful start at Tatya Tope Stadium in Bhopal. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated these games in the presence of Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur, State Sports Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
- In the Khelo India Youth Games 2022, being hosted by Madhya Pradesh for the first time, six thousand players will spread their talent in 27 sports at 23 venues for 13 days.
- These games will be organized in eight cities of the state, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Mandla, Balaghat, Khargone. The cycling event will be held at the IG Stadium Velodrome in New Delhi.
- Athletics, wrestling, boxing, shooting, water sports (kayaking-canoeing and rowing), volleyball and judo competitions will be held in Bhopal.
- Basketball, weightlifting, tennis, table tennis, kabaddi, youth football (men) competitions will be held in Indore.
- In the historic city of Gwalior, 4 different sports will be held against Badminton, Hockey, Gymnastics and Kalaripayattu. Yoga and Malkhamb will compete in Ujjain, the city of Mahakal.
- In Sanskardhani Jabalpur, 4 different sports competitions will be held for traditional sports Kho-Kho, Archery, Fencing and Cycling (Road).
- Famous traditional games of Manipur and Punjab, Thangta and Gatka will be organized in Mandla. In Balaghat women's youth football and in Maheshwar (Khargone) Salalam matches will be played in Sahastra Dhara.
- There will be a cycling competition at IG Stadium in New Delhi.
- It is worth mentioning that the cultural, historical and religious heritage of Madhya Pradesh has been shown on the stage of Khelo India built at Tatya Tope (TT Nagar) Stadium in Bhopal. The stage has been designed in such a way that Mahakaleshwar Ujjain, Khajuraho Temple, Buddhist Stupa of Sanchi as well as the flowing image of Narmada Maiya are shown.
- In view of the Khelo India Youth Games being organized for the first time in Madhya Pradesh, the theme of Khelo India has been kept 'Hindustan Ka Dil Dhadka Do'.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that the sportspersons of Madhya Pradesh who will come after winning medals, will be given a prize of Rs 5 lakh to prepare for the next games. In the last Khelo India Games, players from Madhya Pradesh had won 38 medals.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana, Dushyant Chautala, while presiding over a meeting of officers of Central Government's organization Pawan Hans, Air India, State Aviation Department at Haryana Bhawan in New Delhi, said that Air India in the state is worth Rs 3500 crore. Is ready to invest and for this heliport will be set up in Sector-84 of Gurugram in order to start training in the state.
- Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala informed that the plan to set up a heliport in Sector-84 of Gurugram is in the final stage. With the establishment of this heliport, Delhi's air space will get a new option. Apart from this, various cities of Haryana will relate to the cities of northern states under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS).
- He informed that the state government has suggested to go ahead with Guru Jambheshwar University (GJU) and Hisar cluster for engineering training to start the training academy.
- Dushyant Chautala said that the government has suggested opening of academies in Patli-Hajipur cabin-crew training and ATL Sohna for pilot and under the simulator.
- He said that a provision has been made to build a terminal for 100 passengers in the heliport. It includes facilities like hangar, parking, repairs, etc. to keep small and large helicopters.
- The heliport will have a 300-metre runway and will also facilitate landing and take-off of the helicopter at the earliest and will be kept smooth for 24 hours.
- The deputy Chief minister said that the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) and in this direction Haryana is leading the way under proposals have been sent to the Central Government for aviation connectivity between the cities of northern states of the country from Hisar, Ambala and Karnal.
- The scheme covers Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh including Haryana. Primarily, under this scheme, there is a plan to connect cities like Hisar to Jaisalmer, Hisar to Jaipur, Hisar to Agra, Ambala to Varanasi, Ambala to Gorakhpur etc.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, the state of Chhattisgarh has set a record by purchasing more than 107 lakh 51 thousand 858 metric tonnes of paddy till the last date of paddy procurement in the Kharif marketing year 2022-23, leaving behind the previous year's record of 98 lakh metric tonnes of paddy procurement.
- Chhattisgarh is the second state in the country after Punjab, where the highest quantity of paddy has been purchased. In terms of the number of farmers selling paddy at the support price, Chhattisgarh ranks first in the entire country.
- In the state, 23 lakh 41 thousand 935 farmers have sold their paddy at the support price. In terms of the number of farmers selling paddy at the support price, this figure is so high that other states of the country are not even close to it.
- It is noteworthy that in the last four years, the system of paddy procurement in the state of Chhattisgarh has been strengthened and improved so much that farmers do not face any kind of problem in selling paddy and getting payment. This is the reason that in the last four years, there has been a record increase in the number of farmers selling paddy at the support price and the amount of paddy purchased, due to which Chhattisgarh has reached the second place as a contributor of paddy to the Central Pool.
- Due to the farmer-friendly policies of the Government of Chhattisgarh, both agriculture and farmers have prospered in the state. Year-on-year record increase in paddy procurement figures in the state and under 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana', input subsidy of Rs 9,000 is being given to productive farmers on per acre basis.
- This year, 249 new rice mills have been set up in the state, due to which the number of registered millers has increased from 2035 to 2284 for custom milling of paddy procured on support price in the state.
- In the last four years, the result of prosperity in the field of agriculture and the prosperity of the farmers is that the number of villagers and farmers buying tractors in the state has increased rapidly. In the last four years, farmers have purchased more than 80,000 tractors in the state.
- With the increase in the number of procurement centers for paddy procurement in the state, the Chhattisgarh government has made better arrangements for the sale of paddy to the farmers through app along with manual tokens the 'Token Tuhan Haath' for paddy purchase from registered farmers.
- Paddy procurement in the state continued uninterrupted from the opening day i.e., November 1, 2022, till the last day i.e., January 31, 2023. Considering the 24.98 lakh registered farmers and 32.19 lakh hectare area in the state, 110 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was estimated to be procured this year.
- Food Secretary T.K. Verma said that like last year in the state, along with paddy procurement, arrangements were made to lift paddy directly by the millers from procurement centers for custom milling, due to which more than 90 lakh metric tonnes have been produced so far. More paddies have been lifted.
- He said that due to the arrangement of lifting paddy for paddy procurement as well as custom milling, hardly 3 lakh metric tonnes of paddy will have to be taken to the collection centers this year, whereas last year about 23 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was required to be taken to the collection centers. Due to this system of lifting paddy, about 150-200 crore rupees will be saved.
- The Chhattisgarh government's decision to give incentives to millers for custom milling at Rs 120 per quintal has also led to a spurt in custom milling. This year, 249 new millers have registered. This simply means that paddy has given impetus to Chhattisgarh's economy and industrialization, it has also created new employment opportunities.
- Due to the farmer-friendly policy and decisions of the state government, the area under paddy has increased to more than 32.19 lakh hectares. The registered farmers include 2.32 lakh new farmers.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Chhattisgarh's School Education Minister Dr. Premsai Singh Tekam honored 31 teachers of Raipur division under the 'Chief Minister Education Gaurav Alankaran' scheme in the auditorium of the Joint Director School Education Office located in the Board of Secondary Education premises.
- were awarded with Shiksha Doot Samman12 teachers Among them, from Gyandeep, 03 teachers, from Shiksha Shri03 lecturers, excellent principals 05 and 08 excellent principal readers.
- Minister Dr. Tekam presented Shiksha Doot award of Rs.5000 to the teachers teaching classes I to V at block level, Gyandeep award of Rs.7000 to teachers teaching classes VI to VIII of pre-secondary school at district level, Teachers teaching from class 9th to 12th at the divisional level were given Shiksha Shree Award along with an honorarium of Rs 10,000 along with a citation.b
- Along with this, he also awarded Rs 2,000 to the principals doing excellent work in their schools within the district, and Rs 1,000 each to head teachers of primary and pre-secondary schools at the development block level. All the honored teachers were honored with certificates, shawls and shreefal.
- It may be noted that as per the announcement of the Chief Minister, teachers are rewarded every year at the block, district and divisional levels under the Mukhyamantri Gaurav Analkaran Yojana.
- Teachers are honored under the 'Chief Minister's Education Gaurav Alankaran' scheme at the development block level, Gyandeep at the district level and Shiksha Shree Samman at the divisional level.
- This honor is given to the teachers doing excellent work in the field of education for inspiring work for the study-teaching of children along with skill development, responsibility towards intellectual, physical and social responsibilities.
- School Education Minister Dr. Premsai Singh Tekam while addressing the Mukhyamantri Shiksha Gaurav Alankaran ceremony said that during the pandemic like Corona, the teachers kept the flame of education burning and made many innovations. Other states also followed the innovations made by the teachers of the state during that period.
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, the Education Minister of Uttarakhand, Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat told that in the Uttarakhand Education Department, preparations are being made to abolish the transfer rights of teachers by making rules instead of the Act.
- Education Minister Dhan Singh Rawat said that the draft of the rules being made on the lines of Haryana is to be placed before the Secretary Committee by the government, in which it is clearly written that transfer will not be considered as the right of the teacher.
- It is noteworthy that transparent transfers in the education department have been a challenge for the governments since the formation of the state. Many questions have been raised on the state government regarding arbitrary transfers. This is the reason that the government abolished the transfer the year 2012 for the transfer of teachers and policy made in the year 2017made the Transfer Act in, for all the departments along with the Education Department 2018 which was implemented from the year, but the government is going to make rules again.
- In the draft prepared by the Education Department, schools have been divided into two zones for the transfer of teachers (mountainous and plain). The draft clarifies that an online process will be adopted for transfers, in which mandatory transfers will be made to the vacant posts available in the order of preference based on the coefficients of teachers. Based on request, transfers of special category teachers will be done.
- Raghuvir Pundir, state president of the Junior High School Teachers Association, said that the Act is expected to transfer schools from inaccessible to accessible areas. If the Act is replaced by rules, only the preferred teachers who circumambulate officials and ministers will be able to transfer to convenient schools.
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on January 31, 2023, the Union Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt gave the award to Uttarakhand's tableau Manaskhand for getting the first place in the parade organized on the Republic Day in New Delhi on the path of duty. Director General Information Banshidhar Tiwari received the award on behalf of the state.
- State Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami told that if the tableau of Uttarakhand gets the first place in the country, the people of the country and abroad will get acquainted with the folk culture of Uttarakhand along with Manaskhand.
- On this occasion, Director General Information Banshidhar Tiwari said that after the guidance of the Chief Minister, a tableau based on Manaskhand was proposed.
- He said that on behalf of the Uttarakhand state, a group of 18 artistes had presented their tableau in Manaskhand on the path of duty. Jhanki's theme song 'Jai Ho Kumaon, Jai Ho Garhwal' was written by the famous Janakavi of Pithoragarh, Janardan Upreti. It was composed by Saurabh Maithani and colleagues. This Theme Song was Produced by Pahadi Dagdia, Dehradun.
- The Director General of Information said that on the lines of Shri Kedarnath and Shri Badrinath, work is also being done on the Manaskhand Mandir Mala Mission scheme for the mythological temples of Kumaon on the instructions of the Chief Minister. With this, these major temples must be developed. In the first phase, more than two dozen temples have been included in this.
- These include Jageshwar Mahadev, Chitai Golju Temple, Suryadev Temple, Nanda Devi Temple, Kasardevi Temple, Jhankar Sam Temple, Patal Bhuvaneshwar, Haat kalika Temple, Mostamanu Temple, Berinag Temple, Malenath Temple, Thal Kedar Temple, Bagnath Mahadev, Baijnath Temple, Kot Bhramari Temple, Patal Rudreshwar. Cave, Goljyu temple, Nikat Goralchaud Maidan, Purnagiri Temple, Varahi Devi Temple, Devidhura, Reetha Meetha Sahib, Nainadevi Temple, Garjiyadevi Temple, Kainchidham, Chaiti (Bal Sundari) Temple, Atariya Devi Temple and Nanakmatta Sahib are prominently included.
Switch to Hindi