Why In News?
- On January 30, 2023, the fifth Khelo India Youth Games-2022 got off to a colorful start at Tatya Tope Stadium in Bhopal. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated these games in the presence of Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur, State Sports Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
- In the Khelo India Youth Games 2022, being hosted by Madhya Pradesh for the first time, six thousand players will spread their talent in 27 sports at 23 venues for 13 days.
- These games will be organized in eight cities of the state, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Mandla, Balaghat, Khargone. The cycling event will be held at the IG Stadium Velodrome in New Delhi.
- Athletics, wrestling, boxing, shooting, water sports (kayaking-canoeing and rowing), volleyball and judo competitions will be held in Bhopal.
- Basketball, weightlifting, tennis, table tennis, kabaddi, youth football (men) competitions will be held in Indore.
- In the historic city of Gwalior, 4 different sports will be held against Badminton, Hockey, Gymnastics and Kalaripayattu. Yoga and Malkhamb will compete in Ujjain, the city of Mahakal.
- In Sanskardhani Jabalpur, 4 different sports competitions will be held for traditional sports Kho-Kho, Archery, Fencing and Cycling (Road).
- Famous traditional games of Manipur and Punjab, Thangta and Gatka will be organized in Mandla. In Balaghat women's youth football and in Maheshwar (Khargone) Salalam matches will be played in Sahastra Dhara.
- There will be a cycling competition at IG Stadium in New Delhi.
- It is worth mentioning that the cultural, historical and religious heritage of Madhya Pradesh has been shown on the stage of Khelo India built at Tatya Tope (TT Nagar) Stadium in Bhopal. The stage has been designed in such a way that Mahakaleshwar Ujjain, Khajuraho Temple, Buddhist Stupa of Sanchi as well as the flowing image of Narmada Maiya are shown.
- In view of the Khelo India Youth Games being organized for the first time in Madhya Pradesh, the theme of Khelo India has been kept 'Hindustan Ka Dil Dhadka Do'.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that the sportspersons of Madhya Pradesh who will come after winning medals, will be given a prize of Rs 5 lakh to prepare for the next games. In the last Khelo India Games, players from Madhya Pradesh had won 38 medals.
Switch to Hindi