Haryana Switch to Hindi
Heliport will be Established in Gurugram
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana, Dushyant Chautala, while presiding over a meeting of officers of Central Government's organization Pawan Hans, Air India, State Aviation Department at Haryana Bhawan in New Delhi, said that Air India in the state is worth Rs 3500 crore. Is ready to invest and for this heliport will be set up in Sector-84 of Gurugram in order to start training in the state.
- Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala informed that the plan to set up a heliport in Sector-84 of Gurugram is in the final stage. With the establishment of this heliport, Delhi's air space will get a new option. Apart from this, various cities of Haryana will relate to the cities of northern states under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS).
- He informed that the state government has suggested to go ahead with Guru Jambheshwar University (GJU) and Hisar cluster for engineering training to start the training academy.
- Dushyant Chautala said that the government has suggested opening of academies in Patli-Hajipur cabin-crew training and ATL Sohna for pilot and under the simulator.
- He said that a provision has been made to build a terminal for 100 passengers in the heliport. It includes facilities like hangar, parking, repairs, etc. to keep small and large helicopters.
- The heliport will have a 300-metre runway and will also facilitate landing and take-off of the helicopter at the earliest and will be kept smooth for 24 hours.
- The deputy Chief minister said that the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) and in this direction Haryana is leading the way under proposals have been sent to the Central Government for aviation connectivity between the cities of northern states of the country from Hisar, Ambala and Karnal.
- The scheme covers Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh including Haryana. Primarily, under this scheme, there is a plan to connect cities like Hisar to Jaisalmer, Hisar to Jaipur, Hisar to Agra, Ambala to Varanasi, Ambala to Gorakhpur etc.
Switch to Hindi