Uttar Pradesh is among the Top Four States in the Country with More than 75 Lakh Tap Connections
- 01 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on January 31, 2023, Uttar Pradesh has set a record by becoming one of the four states that have provided more than 75 lakh tap connections. Namami Gange and Rural Water Supply Department celebrated this big achievement of the state government with enthusiasm in the form of 'Har Ghar Jal, 75 lakh taps' function.
- In Uttar Pradesh, congratulating the entire team of the department on this achievement, 75 engineers, officers and employees were honored with mementos.
- Apart from this, a film based on the two-year successful journey of Jal Jeevan Mission was unveiled and an e-booklet listing the achievements of the department was released.
- In the program, especially in Bundelkhand, how clean drinking water is being made available to every village in adverse circumstances, it was staged through various cultural programs and efforts were made to reach every household in different rural areas of the state along with eastern, western Uttar Pradesh. The joys received from the festival were presented through cultural highlights.
- Jal Jeevan Mission's Har Ghar Jal Yojana Uttar Pradesh, which has the largest rural population, has achieved a major milestone in a short span of time and has secured the fourth position among the states by providing tap connections to 75,26,740 rural households out of more than 2.62 crore rural households.
- Significantly, Bihar is ahead of Uttar Pradesh with more than 1.58 crore, Maharashtra with more than 1.06 crore and Gujarat with more than 91 lakh tap connections.