Approved for Strengthening the Traffic Management System in Approval of Rs 100.99 crore the state
- 01 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 31, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved an additional financial provision of Rs 100.99 crore to strengthen the Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) to curb the increasing traffic pressure on the roads and road accidents in the state.
- According to the proposal, the Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) will play an important role in taking prompt action against drivers violating traffic rules and driving under the influence of alcohol on highways and main roads of the state.
- Apart from this, road accidents due to over speed and overloaded vehicles will also be curbed.
- Recently, the State Road Safety Institute has been opened by the state government at Harishchandra Mathur Public Training Institute in Jaipur. Rajasthan Public Transport Authority is also proposed to be formed under the Road Safety Act.
- Under ITMS, various works including automatic traffic monitoring and violation detection system, speed violation detection system, red light violation system, various insignia, CCTV surveillance system, traffic monitoring center and e-challan will be done.
- The main objectives of ITMS include timely and efficient disposal of invoices, curbing serious road accidents and bringing various departments of the state on one platform in coordination for better functioning.