Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on March 26, 2023, to increase the groundwater level in the premises of 2865 Government Girls Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools of Bihar, the Education Department has decided to give an amount of Rs 20.80 crore to 2865 schools.
- The State Education Department has decided that under the 'Jan-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan', the rainwater in the school premises will be saved as groundwater through a rainwater harvesting system. Keeping the groundwater balanced through rainwater harvesting, the school hand pump-tube well will always be kept, so that the girls do not have to leave the school premises for drinking water.
- Apart from drinking water in schools, the availability of proper water will also ensure the cleanliness of toilets.
- The Bihar Education Project has prepared an estimate and decided that out of Rs 20.80 crore, each school will be given Rs 80,000. With this amount, physical infrastructure for rainwater harvesting will be created.
- 2865 such schools are to be selected for rainwater harvesting, where at least three thousand square feet of land is available for the construction of the physical structure.
- Before spending this amount, it will be ensured that there is no duplication of the scheme and waste of funds in any way. The utilization certificate of the amount spent will have to be made available to the Bihar Education Project.
- Apart from this, monitoring of this work at the school level will be done by the concerned school committee, District Education Officer, Bihar Education Project Director, and Secondary Director.
- The Urban Development and Housing Department has set a target of renovating around 2800 public wells, ponds, and puddles in the next two years, i.e. by 2024-25. Along with this, preparations are also being made to make about two thousand soakers near the public fountain. Regarding this, in the current financial year 2022-23, the department has given administrative approval for a total plan of more than Rs 62.93 crore for 38 municipal bodies under Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali.
- According to the information received from the Urban Development Department, the department has set a target of renovating 618 public wells in 2023-24 and 551 in 2024-25. Similarly, in these two years, 365 and 318 ponds and ponds will be renovated respectively while 650 and 632 soakers will be made.
- Apart from this, the department has also decided to get rainwater harvesting work done in about 183 buildings owned by the civic body. The process of marking the area is going on for this.
- In order to encourage 'Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan', the department has made it mandatory to arrange rainwater harvesting systems in buildings constructed on all types of plots or under construction in building by-laws.
- Along with this, under the Bihar Municipal Property Tax Rules, 2013, a provision has been made for the exemption of five percent in the holding tax for the plots constructed for rainwater harvesting.
Why in News?
On 27 March 2023, a three-days (March 27-29) Kisan Mela started under the joint auspices of the University and Atma at Swami Kesavanand Rajasthan Agricultural University located in Bikaner district of Rajasthan.
- The Kisan Mela is being organized on the theme of ‘Poshak Anaz, Sammriddh Kisaan'.
- University Vice-Chancellor Dr. Arun Kumar said that about 100 exhibitions of various Central and State Government Departments, ICAR Institutes, State Agricultural Universities and private stall holders have been put up during the fair.
- Various competitions will be organized for the farmers during the fair. The first day of the fair will be celebrated as Fruit, Vegetable & Flower Day, the second day as Animal Husbandry Day and the third day as Crop Day.
- On this occasion, Energy Minister Bhanwar Singh Bhati said that historic decisions have been taken by the state government like Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana, making 2000 units of electricity available free of cost to the farmers every month.
- During this, the Agriculture Minister released various books like Mela Smarika, Mushroom Utpadan Taknik, Pragati ke Path par Agrasar Krishi Mahavidyalaya Mandawa, Harnessing the Potential of Millets for Agri Entrepreneurship.
- He awarded the farmers selected by Atma, the winners of various farmer competitions, the winners of the Chaudhary Charan Singh Memorial Award. On the other hand, Dr. Dayanand, in-charge of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Jhunjhunu, was honored as the best extension worker.
- During this, he also inaugurated the postgraduate girls' hostel and auditorium of Agriculture College.
Why in News?
On 27 March 2023, K.C. Vishnoi said that taking effective steps for the safety and protection of pets in the state, the Animal Welfare Board has made it mandatory to register dog breeders and pet shops operating in the state with the Animal Welfare Board.
- The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Rules 2017 and 2018 have been implemented in the state for registration.
- Chairman of the Animal Husbandry Board, K.C. Bishnoi told that it will be mandatory to apply in the prescribed form to the State Animal Welfare Board, for such pet shops and dog breeders organizations which are in the category of registration under Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Dog Breeding and Marketing Rules) 2017 and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Pet Shop Rules) 2018.
- The license will be given by the local government department only after the registration in the board. The license will be valid for a period of five years, after which it will have to be renewed.
- During the registration process, the organization will be inspected by the officers authorized by the board and after registration, inspections will be done from time to time, so that quality work can be done in relation to breeding and maintenance of pet shops.
- The Chairman of the Animal Husbandry Board said that now the breeders will not be able to do the work of breeding in the state without registration. Breeders and pet shop owners can approach the office of the Joint Director of the Districts of the State and the State Animal Welfare Board.
Why in News?
On March 27, 2023, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Wildlife J.S. Chauhan told that the female cheetah 'Sasha' released from Namibia in Kuno National Park has died due to kidney infection. Infection in the kidneys of this female cheetah was already there before coming to India.
- Principal Chief Conservator of Forests Wildlife J.S. Chouhan said that the need for treatment was found in the health test of the female cheetah by the veterinarian deputed to look after the health of the cheetah. As a result, he was brought to the Quarantine enclosure on the same day.
- Cheetah's health test was done in the lab located in Van Vihar National Park with modern machines. A blood sample test revealed that Sasha had a kidney infection.
- JS Chauhan said that after receiving the treatment history of 'Sasha' from Cheetah Conservation Foundation, Namibia by senior scientists of Wildlife Conservation of India Dehradun and Coono National Park Management, it was known that the last blood sample in Namibia was on August 15, 2022. His creatinine level was also found to be more than 400, which confirmed that Sasha had kidney disease before coming to India.
- From January 22, 2023 until the time of 'Sasha''s death, treatment was done continuously day and night by all the wildlife doctors of Kuno National Park and Namibian expert Dr. Ilai Walker.
- The remaining 7 cheetahs brought from Namibia, in which 3 males and 1 female have been released in the open forest area for free movement, are hunting completely healthy and active. All 12 cheetahs brought from South Africa are currently healthy and active in quarantine enclosures.
- It is known that on September 17, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released eight cheetahs brought from Namibia at Kuno National Park in Sheopur.
Why in News?
Recently, under the 20th CSI SIG e-Governance Award-2022 of the Central Government's 'Computer Society of India' at a function organized at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, The Information, Public Relations, Language and Culture Department of Haryana was awarded the 'Award Of Appreciation' and the Haryana State Election Commission was awarded the CSI SIG e-Governance Award 2022.
- It is notable that the above awards were presented on 25 March 2023 at a function organized by CSI SIG at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi.
- The 'Award Of Appreciation' given under the project category, was received by Deputy Director Urvashi Rangara on behalf of Information, Public Relations, Language and Culture Department of Haryana.
- Urvashi Rangara said that this award has been received for the initiative 'Online Release Order and Billing System' started by the department for the advertisements issued by the media houses.
- It is known that about three and a quarter years ago, Chief Minister Manohar Lal, taking a major initiative, launched Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to bring transparency and efficiency in the entire process of government advertisements issued to media houses and their payment.
- The software made payment for release orders and advertisements easier. The entire process has become completely computerized, which has brought speed and transparency in the work.
- The special feature of this software is that it has been completely developed 'in-house' in collaboration with NIC.
- Apart from the information, public relations, language and culture departments of the state, the Haryana State Election Commission has won the CSI SIG e-Governance Award 2022 for adopting an integrated system of applications to ensure smooth local body election management.
- It was developed and implemented by NIC Haryana during the General Elections of Urban Local Bodies 2022.
- The award was presented by the Computer Society of India and received by Deepak Bansal, Haryana State Informatics Officer along with Dr. Inderjeet, Secretary, Haryana State Election Commission.
- This ICT project was developed by NIC Haryana under the guidance of State Election Commissioner Dhanpat Singh.
- The main objective of implementation of ICT Application Suite for Haryana State Election Commission was to conduct local body elections in a free, fair and transparent manner. This ICT is best suited for bringing transparency in any time bound public activities.
- ICT project includes web based integrated modules and applications, preparation of voter list and ward closure, voters search web application, online collection of data of staff to be deployed on election duty, capture of details of nominated candidates, contesting candidates Know-how (KYC), Election Duty Management System Application, Affidavits of contesting candidates (after scrutiny of nominations and withdrawal of nominations), allotment of symbols to contesting candidates, election process monitoring and management systems such as Online counting results and generation of various reports on e-dashboard.
Why in News?
Both women and men teams of Jharkhand have become champions in the East Zone Junior Hockey Championship held at Astroturf Hockey Stadium Birsa College Campus, Khunti under the joint aegis of Hockey Jharkhand and District Administration, Khunti from 19 to 26 March 2023.
- In a hockey game between Jharkhand and Mizoram in the women's section, both the teams were tied with two goals each. After this, Jharkhand won the match 2-1 in the penalty shootout.
- Jharkhand team's goalkeeper Anupam Horo was given the player of the match award.
- The men's final was played between Hockey Jharkhand and Hockey Odisha, in which Jharkhand won 3-1.
- Deepak Soreng of the Jharkhand team was given the player of the match award.
- Jharkhand Sports Minister Hafizul Hasan Ansari honored the first, second and third place teams in the competition with medals.
- The third and fourth place women's match was played between Odisha and Bihar, in which Odisha won the match 10-0 and won the bronze medal. Odisha's Supriya Kujur was adjudged player of the match.
- In the men's section, a Hockey match was played between Bengal and Bihar, in which the Bihar team emerged victorious by 3-1. Aman Kumar of Bihar team was adjudged player of the match.
Why in News?
On 26 March 2023, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Piyush Goyal tweeted that the 'Nagri Dubraj' variety of Nagari paddy of Dhamtari development block of Chhattisgarh has got GI tag.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal said that Sundarja mango found in Rewa of Madhya Pradesh and Gajak made in Morena have also got GI tag.
- It is noteworthy that 'Nagri Dubraj' is the second crop of the Chhattisgarh, which has got the Geographical Indication Registry Tag, i.e. GI Tag. Prior to this, the state has got GI tag for Jeera Phool paddy variety.
- It is known that in the meeting of Geographical Indication Committee held in Gwalior on 29 November 2021, approval was given for giving GI tag to 'Nagri Dubraj' variety of Dhamtari, Chhattisgarh.
- In the committee formed by Chennai, a team of 10 experts from India examined, tested and accepted the proof of the origin of the city Dubraj.
- It is known that in October 2021, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur had sent the proposal of Nagri Dubraj for GI tag.
- Nagari Dubraj is also called Basmati in Chhattisgarh, as this rice is used as a flavored rice in traditional feasts of Chhattisgarh.
- The origin of the city Dubraj is believed to be from Shringi Rishi Ashram area of Sihawa. It is also described in Valmiki Ramayana. In various research papers also, the source of Dubraj has been told to the city Sihawa.
- The rice that comes out of the city of Dubraj is very fragrant. It is a completely native variety and its grains are small. Its rice is very soft to eat after cooking. Up to six quintals of yield is available in one acre. The height of paddy is low and the duration of ripening is 125 days.
- According to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), a Geographical Indication tag is a type of label, in which a special geographical identity is given to a particular crop, natural or artificial product. This is considered to be the right of intellectual property.
- It is notable that the Indian Parliament had implemented 'Geographical Indications of Goods' in 1999 under the Registration and Protection Act. On this basis, the legal right of a specific item found in any region of India is given to that state, person or organization etc.
Why in News?
On 27 March 2023, Chhattisgarh's Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey inaugurated the four-day 'Gondwana National Livelihood, Art and Cultural Festival 2023' at BTI Ground, Shankar Nagar Raipur. This event is being organized by the Chhattisgarh Regional Office of NABARD till March 30.
- NABARD has sponsored 120 stalls in the exhibition in which 250 participants including NABARD supported self-help groups, FPOs, artisans from non-agriculture sector have participated.
- 125 participants from various districts of Chhattisgarh, as well as 125 participants from other 15 states of the country namely Maharashtra, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Haryana participated in the exhibition and take advantage of it. Apart from this, 125 farmers and artisans from 5 districts of the state have also been invited on exposure visits.
- On this occasion, Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey said that such events will play an important role in promoting tribal and cultural tradition. The organization of this fair will encourage rural cottage industries and handicrafts and provide better employment opportunities.
- Apex Bank Chairman Baijnath Chandrakar said that in this national fair of NABARD, stalls have been set up for the exhibition and sale of items manufactured by rural artisans, weavers, self-help groups and farmers from Chhattisgarh as well as other states. NABARD also organizes training programs from time to time to encourage such craftsmen and artisans.
- NABARD Chief General Manager Dr. Gyanendra Mani explained the importance of 'Gondwana National Livelihood, Art and Cultural Festival 2023' and said that NABARD is playing an important role in making rural India self-reliant. Its objective is to provide a platform for display and sale of various products manufactured by NABARD supported Self Help Groups, Artisans, Producer Organizations, Handlooms, Handicrafts Men working in rural areas.
Why in News?
On 25 March 2023, Uttarakhand Health Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that Dehradun district is on top in creating Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA ID) in the state under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Scheme.
- State Mission Director and Additional Secretary of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, Arunendra Chauhan said that more than 30.61 lakh people of the state have become a part of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission by creating their ABHA ID. The complete health related details of the ID makers have been registered online.
- State capital Dehradun has the maximum number of 6,61,919 ABHA IDs, while Nainital district ranks second place.
- It is known that the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission was started in the year 2021 in the state. Due to the efforts made by the mission, the speed of digitizing the health records of the people of the state is as per the expectations.
- It is known that Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is the dream project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Under the mission, every person's ABHA ID is to be made. By creating an ID, complete information about health tests and treatment will be available online.
- Advantages of ABHA ID -
- All health related information will be available online.
- The hospital will be paperless from registration to treatment.
- Facility to take a token through QR code in the hospital.
- The record related to the treatment of the disease will be safe through digital medium.
- District wise details of ABHA ID in the state –
|Udham Singh Nagar||232694|
|Non reporting district||646288|
- Health Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is a revolutionary step in the field of health. All health information will be available through Abha number. Strict instructions have also been given to the concerned officials to do the work of connecting 100 percent people with the mission in the state on priority.
Switch to Hindi