20th CSI SIG e-Governance Awards-2022
- 28 Mar 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
Recently, under the 20th CSI SIG e-Governance Award-2022 of the Central Government's 'Computer Society of India' at a function organized at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, The Information, Public Relations, Language and Culture Department of Haryana was awarded the 'Award Of Appreciation' and the Haryana State Election Commission was awarded the CSI SIG e-Governance Award 2022.
- It is notable that the above awards were presented on 25 March 2023 at a function organized by CSI SIG at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi.
- The 'Award Of Appreciation' given under the project category, was received by Deputy Director Urvashi Rangara on behalf of Information, Public Relations, Language and Culture Department of Haryana.
- Urvashi Rangara said that this award has been received for the initiative 'Online Release Order and Billing System' started by the department for the advertisements issued by the media houses.
- It is known that about three and a quarter years ago, Chief Minister Manohar Lal, taking a major initiative, launched Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to bring transparency and efficiency in the entire process of government advertisements issued to media houses and their payment.
- The software made payment for release orders and advertisements easier. The entire process has become completely computerized, which has brought speed and transparency in the work.
- The special feature of this software is that it has been completely developed 'in-house' in collaboration with NIC.
- Apart from the information, public relations, language and culture departments of the state, the Haryana State Election Commission has won the CSI SIG e-Governance Award 2022 for adopting an integrated system of applications to ensure smooth local body election management.
- It was developed and implemented by NIC Haryana during the General Elections of Urban Local Bodies 2022.
- The award was presented by the Computer Society of India and received by Deepak Bansal, Haryana State Informatics Officer along with Dr. Inderjeet, Secretary, Haryana State Election Commission.
- This ICT project was developed by NIC Haryana under the guidance of State Election Commissioner Dhanpat Singh.
- The main objective of implementation of ICT Application Suite for Haryana State Election Commission was to conduct local body elections in a free, fair and transparent manner. This ICT is best suited for bringing transparency in any time bound public activities.
- ICT project includes web based integrated modules and applications, preparation of voter list and ward closure, voters search web application, online collection of data of staff to be deployed on election duty, capture of details of nominated candidates, contesting candidates Know-how (KYC), Election Duty Management System Application, Affidavits of contesting candidates (after scrutiny of nominations and withdrawal of nominations), allotment of symbols to contesting candidates, election process monitoring and management systems such as Online counting results and generation of various reports on e-dashboard.