A Three Days Kisan Mela started in Bikaner
- 28 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 27 March 2023, a three-days (March 27-29) Kisan Mela started under the joint auspices of the University and Atma at Swami Kesavanand Rajasthan Agricultural University located in Bikaner district of Rajasthan.
- The Kisan Mela is being organized on the theme of ‘Poshak Anaz, Sammriddh Kisaan'.
- University Vice-Chancellor Dr. Arun Kumar said that about 100 exhibitions of various Central and State Government Departments, ICAR Institutes, State Agricultural Universities and private stall holders have been put up during the fair.
- Various competitions will be organized for the farmers during the fair. The first day of the fair will be celebrated as Fruit, Vegetable & Flower Day, the second day as Animal Husbandry Day and the third day as Crop Day.
- On this occasion, Energy Minister Bhanwar Singh Bhati said that historic decisions have been taken by the state government like Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana, making 2000 units of electricity available free of cost to the farmers every month.
- During this, the Agriculture Minister released various books like Mela Smarika, Mushroom Utpadan Taknik, Pragati ke Path par Agrasar Krishi Mahavidyalaya Mandawa, Harnessing the Potential of Millets for Agri Entrepreneurship.
- He awarded the farmers selected by Atma, the winners of various farmer competitions, the winners of the Chaudhary Charan Singh Memorial Award. On the other hand, Dr. Dayanand, in-charge of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Jhunjhunu, was honored as the best extension worker.
- During this, he also inaugurated the postgraduate girls' hostel and auditorium of Agriculture College.