Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, the Uttar Pradesh government decided to change the name of 'Faizabad Junction Railway Station' to 'Ayodhya Cantt Railway Station'.
- According to official sources, the state government has sent the proposal to change the name to the central government for issuing an official notification.
- Earlier the Government of Uttar Pradesh had renamed Mughalsarai Railway Station as Deen Dayal Upadhyay Railway Station and Allahabad Junction as Prayagraj Junction.
- On November 6, 2018, the Uttar Pradesh cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the renaming of Faizabad district to Ayodhya and shifting the district's administrative headquarters to Ayodhya city.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, as soon as Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar started the 'Rabi Mahabhiyan', the Agriculture Department announced various schemes for this.
- As per the announcement of the Agriculture Department, 328 Krishi Machinery Banks will be set up by the government in 13 districts of the state.
- These Yantra banks will be set up in aspirational districts of Bihar like Nawada, Katihar, Begusarai, Sheikhpura, Araria, Khagaria, Purnia, Gaya, Aurangabad, Banka, Jamui, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi.
- Machinery Banks will be set up through farmer groups and agricultural machines will be given on rent to nearby farmers by these groups.
- For agricultural machinery banks, the government will give 80 percent subsidy, the maximum limit of which has been fixed at Rs 8 lakh.
- Apart from this, provision has also been made to set up 25 special custom hiring centers in Patna and Magadh divisions.
- Both the above schemes will be started in this Rabi season and 40 thousand farmers will be given exposure visits for technical training, in which they will be shown various schemes running under climate friendly agriculture in the field.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, State Education Minister Govind Singh Dotasara directed to conduct pre-primary classes in Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools in the state.
- The Education Minister said that in compliance with the budget announcement of the Hon'ble Chief Minister, in the first phase, primary classes would be started in Mahatma Gandhi English Medium Schools operating at 33 district headquarters before this session. Soon it will be expanded at the block level also.
- The duration of the pre-primary education program will be of 3 years, in which children of 3 years of age or above will be admitted. The number of students in each section will be 25.
- Dotasara said that a specially designed curriculum by RSCERT will be implemented in pre-primary classes. These classes will be conducted for 4 hours a day and five days a week.
- With the implementation of this order of the Education Department, Rajasthan has become the only state in the country to conduct pre-primary classes in English medium government schools at present.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, Medical Minister Dr. Raghu Sharma informed that Pratapgarh has become such a district in the state where the first dose of corona vaccine has been administered to 100% people.
- For the first time on January 16, 2021, the work of vaccinating health workers/frontline workers started in the state. After this, from March 1, 2021, vaccines began to be given to people above 60 years of age. Vaccination of people above 45 years of age started on 1st April, 2021 and mass vaccination of people above 18 years of age was started on 10th May, 2021.
- RCHO Dr Deepak Meena said that for the campaign, the teams of the medical department reached the inaccessible areas amidst the dangers and launched a vaccination campaign. Vaccination personnel reached the people through rain and boats in the river and vaccinated.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi gave recognition to three technical universities of Haryana for conducting B.Tech in Hindi language from the academic year 2021-22.
- The three technical universities in Haryana that have been recognized are Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology (Hisar), Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (Murthal) and Jagdish Chandra Bose University of Science and Technology (Faridabad).
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal District Sonepat has been recognized for two branches of Electrical Engineering (Electrical Engineering) and Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) with 30 seats in each branch.
- Jagdish Chandra Bose University of Science and Technology, Faridabad has been recognized for 30 seats in Mechanical Engineering.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the development of the historical places of Mahendergarh district – Dhosi Parvat and Madhogarh Fort as a tourist destination.
- The Chief Minister said that both these places have great potential for tourism. While plans have been made to develop Dhosi mountain as a pilgrimage site, the Raja Mahal of Madhogarh will also be constructed in the coming times to bring more and more tourists to Madhogarh Fort.
- The state government is working for this in a planned manner. The work of reconstruction of Rani Talab at Madhogarh Fort has been done and the work of Rani Mahal is also in the final stage. 9 crore will be spent on this work.
- It is said that Dhosi mountain was the abode of great ascetics like Rishi Chavan in ancient times.
- Along with this, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar gave development projects worth Rs 1358.68 lakh to Mahendragarh district and inaugurated 33 KV sub-station of Azam Nagar Sehore. This substation has been built at a cost of Rs 299.85 lakh.
- Apart from this, the foundation stone of CHC to be built in Satnali was also laid. About 1058.83 lakh rupees will be spent on this building. Residential buildings for health workers will also be built here.
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, the award of the winner of 'Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge, 2021' was given to Shubham Kumar Sharma of Dhanbad at the award ceremony held at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian Mineral School), Dhanbad.
- The chief guest of the award ceremony was Dr. Mohit Gambhir, Director, Research Shell, Ministry of Education, Government of India, who participated in the ceremony through an online medium.
- The runner-up award of this competition was given to Ankit Kumar of Atomic Energy Kendriya Vidyalaya, East Singhbhum.
- The winner was presented by the Director of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Prof. One lakh was given by Rajiv Shekhar and Rs 75,000 was given to the runner-up.
- It may be noted that to encourage youth skills, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad established the Naresh Vashistha Center for Tinkering and Innovation (NVCTI) in 1967.
- Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge is also a part of this objective, which provides a platform to the students of classes 8 to 12 to present their creative skills and technical and innovative skills for problem solving.
Why in News
- On October 24, 2021, under the aegis of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), New Delhi and under the guidance of Chhattisgarh State Legal Authority, organized e-mega legal service camps in all civil districts of the state in coordination with District Legal Services Authority and district administration.
- Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court and Chief Patron of Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority Justice Arup Kumar Goswami launched 'E-mega Legal Service Camp' through video conferencing in all 23 civil districts of the state.
- This Mega Legal Service Camp is being organized under the All India Awareness and Outreach Campaign under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi.
- The main objective of the camp is to make people aware of the legal rights guaranteed under the Indian Constitution and ensure that justice is provided to all sections of the people as well as providing legal services.
- Information about legal services and beneficiary-oriented materials and financial assistance were distributed to the people involved in this event.
- As per the instructions of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), the All India Awareness and Outreach Campaign is being celebrated under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi from October 2, 2021, which will run till November 14, 2021. In this, various legal awareness programs, camps etc. are being organized every day at district and Taluka level for the purpose of giving information about legal services to the general public.
Why in News
- On October 24, 2021, at the Forest Research Center of Lalkuan in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, Beena Rao, Director of One Touch Agricon Institute of Maharashtra and Sanjeev Chaturvedi, Chief Conservator of Forests of the state jointly inaugurated the country's first Surabhi Vatika (Aromatic Garden).
- Chief Conservator of Forests Sanjeev said that this garden has been prepared in three years in an area of three acres. In this, 140 species of plants have been planted from different states of the country, due to which it has become the first aromatic garden of the country.
- Its formation will help in increasing the conservation, research, and awareness of the species. Apart from this, it will prove to be helpful in the works related to livelihood. The Vatika has been prepared in nine parts.
- Many plants are being planted here for the purpose of reducing environmental pollution, increasing the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere and making the surrounding environment fragrant. In future, plants of aromatic species will be distributed to the people of Lalkuan and the surrounding area.
- The area is also going to benefit immensely from the Ficus Gordon located at the research center, as 121 Ficus species have been planted in this Ficus Garden, the second largest in the country.
Switch to Hindi