Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On October 24, 2021, at the Forest Research Center of Lalkuan in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, Beena Rao, Director of One Touch Agricon Institute of Maharashtra and Sanjeev Chaturvedi, Chief Conservator of Forests of the state jointly inaugurated the country's first Surabhi Vatika (Aromatic Garden).
- Chief Conservator of Forests Sanjeev said that this garden has been prepared in three years in an area of three acres. In this, 140 species of plants have been planted from different states of the country, due to which it has become the first aromatic garden of the country.
- Its formation will help in increasing the conservation, research, and awareness of the species. Apart from this, it will prove to be helpful in the works related to livelihood. The Vatika has been prepared in nine parts.
- Many plants are being planted here for the purpose of reducing environmental pollution, increasing the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere and making the surrounding environment fragrant. In future, plants of aromatic species will be distributed to the people of Lalkuan and the surrounding area.
- The area is also going to benefit immensely from the Ficus Gordon located at the research center, as 121 Ficus species have been planted in this Ficus Garden, the second largest in the country.
Switch to Hindi