Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- Recently, at the 12th Agriculture Leadership Summit organized by Agriculture True Group, Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar presented the Best Horticulture State award in the country to Subodh Uniyal, the Agriculture and Horticulture Minister of Uttarakhand.
- On this occasion, Minister Subodh Uniyal said that Uttarakhand has adopted the model of integrated agriculture to increase the income of farmers. The state government is promoting 20,000 mushroom growers and 40 percent funds have been reserved for agriculture and horticulture activities under the district scheme. This is giving a boost to poly house construction and high density fruit plantation in the state.
- Along with this, the state government is providing interest free loans of Rs 5 lakh and low interest loans of Rs 3 lakh to the farmers.
- Uniyal said that the state has focused on cultivation of high yielding fruits, encouraged farmers to grow non-seasonal vegetables and implemented the Nursery Act.
- Uttarakhand is the only state in the country, which has made a provision of six months imprisonment under the Nursery Act. The state government has developed a distinct brand of 'Uttarakhand apple' by promoting packaging and marketing.
Switch to Hindi