Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge, 2021
- 25 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On October 23, 2021, the award of the winner of 'Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge, 2021' was given to Shubham Kumar Sharma of Dhanbad at the award ceremony held at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian Mineral School), Dhanbad.
- The chief guest of the award ceremony was Dr. Mohit Gambhir, Director, Research Shell, Ministry of Education, Government of India, who participated in the ceremony through an online medium.
- The runner-up award of this competition was given to Ankit Kumar of Atomic Energy Kendriya Vidyalaya, East Singhbhum.
- The winner was presented by the Director of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Prof. One lakh was given by Rajiv Shekhar and Rs 75,000 was given to the runner-up.
- It may be noted that to encourage youth skills, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad established the Naresh Vashistha Center for Tinkering and Innovation (NVCTI) in 1967.
- Jharkhand School Innovation Challenge is also a part of this objective, which provides a platform to the students of classes 8 to 12 to present their creative skills and technical and innovative skills for problem solving.