Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, Deputy Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and in charge of Public Works Department Keshav Prasad Maurya informed that Uttar Pradesh Rajya Bridge Corporation (UPSBC) has set a record by constructing a maximum number of bridges in four and a half years.
- The Deputy Chief Minister said that in the last four and a half years, the State Government has constructed 124 bridges, 54 ROBs and 355 minor bridges in record time taking the State to new heights of development through a network of flyovers and railway over bridges (ROB).
- He said that the State Government is working on the construction of a total of 1,193 new bridges, which includes 121 new ROBs, 305 major bridges and 767 minor bridges. Out of these, 260 bridges are such, whose foundation stone was laid by the previous governments years ago, but the construction work could not start.
- Similarly, out of 124 long bridges that have been built, 89 bridges and 35 out of 54 ROBs were lying incomplete for a long time, which were started during the previous governments. With the new bridge network, Uttar Pradesh will join the states with the highest number of flyovers and smooth traffic in the country.
Why in News
- Recently, Rachit Raj of Bihar, who has been appointed in the secret branch of Superintendent of Police of Kaimur District (Bihar), has become the first transman constable of the country.
- Rachit Raj is a 2018 batch constable of Bihar Police.
- In 2014, in the National Legal Services Authority vs Union of India case, the Supreme Court recognized transgender people as the third gender.
- The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 prohibits discrimination against transgender persons, including denial of service or unfair treatment in relation to education, employment, healthcare. In such a situation, the appointment of Rachit Raj is an important step towards the empowerment of transgender persons.
Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra and Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the Agricultural College, Dungarpur, established as a constituent unit of Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur.
- Appreciating the steps taken by Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, patent work, innovations related to robotics, weather forecast from 'Mewar Ritu' app, etc., the Governor and Chancellor called for making the university a center of excellence in the country's agriculture sector.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on the occasion that in view of the dependence of the rural population on the agriculture sector, the State Government has decided to open 13 agricultural colleges in the last two years. The long-standing demand of the students of the tribal area has been fulfilled by the establishment of an agricultural college. Keeping in view the educational progress of the tribal area, Engineering College and Govind Guru Tribal University have been started in Banswara.
- He said that keeping agriculture on priority, the state government has decided to present a separate budget for agriculture and has implemented Agriculture Processing Policy-2019 and Agriculture Export Promotion Policy to improve the agriculture sector. Up to one crore rupees are being given to the farmers for setting up their own agro-processing units.
- Dr. Narendra Singh Rathod, Vice-Chancellor of Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur, in his welcome address, informed about the online educational and non-teaching activities conducted by the university during the Corona period.
- On this occasion, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Lalchand Kataria said that Rajasthan is leading in the production of many crops including mustard, bajra in the country. Rajasthan also ranks second in the whole country in milk production. Rajasthan also has its own unique identity regarding the breeds of livestock.
Why in News
- In a recently released report of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India, Rajasthan has overtaken Karnataka to rank first in the country with an installed capacity of 7737.95 MW of solar power.
- It is worth mentioning that in the MNRE report, Gujarat has been ranked third with 5708 MW capacity, Tamil Nadu fourth with 4675 MW and Andhra Pradesh with 4380 MW.
- Despite the adverse circumstances of Covid-19, 2348.47 MW of new solar power capacity has been installed in Rajasthan in the last eight months only.
- Rajasthan has registered unprecedented progress in all areas of solar energy including ground mount, roof top and off grid in the year 2021.
- In the direction of making Rajasthan a leader in the field of green energy-clean energy, the state's Solar Energy Policy-2019 has been very important for the investors. Also, the provisions of RIPS-2019 have brought a revolutionary change in the field of solar energy in the state. Under this policy, customized investment proposals worth Rs 34,200 crore were approved in the hybrid energy sector in the state in April 2021. Most of these are related to solar energy.
- As a result of the policies to promote solar energy, Rajasthan has become the preferred destination for investors in this sector from across the country and the world. During this period, a record investment of Rs 10 thousand crores has been made in this sector.
- Considering the favourable geographical conditions of Rajasthan from the point of view of solar power generation, 142 GW of solar power generation has been estimated in the state. To achieve this goal, an effective plan has been prepared by the state government. Under the plan, an ambitious target of 30 GW of solar power generation has been set by 2024-25, which will completely change the energy scenario of the country.
Why in News
- Recently, 7 schemes of 5 different departments including 'Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana' related to skill development and employment of youth of the state have been included in the State Flagship Program list.
- In this regard, the Planning Department has issued orders and directed the concerned departments to closely monitor the implementation of these programs and prepare the information of financial and physical progress and send it to the Chief Minister's Office and Planning Department by 7th of every month.
- Among the programs announced are 'Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana' run by the Department of Skills, Employment and Entrepreneurship, 'Kalibai Bhil Meritorious Chhatra Scooty Yojana' and 'Devnarayan Chhatra Scooty Scheme' of the Higher Education Department, 'Indira Rasoi Yojana' of the Department of Autonomous Government, Gandhi Urban Credit Card Scheme, 'Ghar-Ghar Aushadhi Yojana' run by the Forest Department and 'Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Energy Scheme' run by the Energy Department have been included in the State Flagship Program.
- The name of 'Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Health Insurance Scheme' of the Department of Medical, Health and Family Welfare included in the flagship program list has also been modified as 'Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana'.
Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched MP Trade Portal and Export Helpline at Madhya Pradesh India's Emerging Export Tiger Conclave at Vanijya Utsav 2021.
- This export conclave was a joint event of the Department of Commerce, Government of India and the Industrial Policy and Investment Promotion Department of the state to explore new opportunities related to exports in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that in keeping with the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi 'District as Export Hub', Export Promotion Council is being constituted in the state. Along with this, Export Promotion Committee will also be constituted in each district. The Export Promotion Council will work to promote exports in the state.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh Trade Portal will act as a bridge for industrial units and exporters to understand export related techniques and connect exporters with major importers of the world. The problems of the exporters will be resolved immediately through the export helpline.
- The Chief Minister said that export activities are also being conducted at the local level in the state. International market survey for export potential and demand there, focus on product quality and flourishing value chain will be developed. Also, there is an effort to develop each district as an export hub.
Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar directed to prepare a framework for organizing 'Krishna Utsav' on the lines of Gita Mahotsav with the aim of promoting tourism in the state.
- The Chief Minister said that just as Surajkund International Handicrafts Fair in Faridabad district and Gita Mahotsav of Kurukshetra have special significance at the national and international level, similarly the proposed 'Krishna Utsav' also has special importance. It should be organized like these festivals.
- In Krishna Utsav, events from the life of Shri Krishna will be presented with the help of tableau, music, dance and modern technology.
- The description of various forms of Lord Shri Krishna will be shown in this. Baal Leela from Rasleela; Lord Krishna's personality will be portrayed as a normal human, king and karma yogi etc.
- During this festival, the incarnation of Krishna through tableaux and his Rasleela and musical art will be displayed through theatre. The story of Bal Gopal will be narrated through story and the role of Krishna in Mahabharata will be shown through modern technology.
- Along with this, people will be able to watch the live aarti of all the famous temples of Lord Krishna across the country during the festival.
Why in News
- In the review meeting of the ‘Har-Hit Retail Stores scheme’ held under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister on September 22, 2021, it was decided that the Chief Minister would inaugurate the 71 ‘Har-Hit Retail Stores’ set up in 19 districts across the state on October 7 through video conferencing.
- An official spokesperson said that the Chief Minister has directed to give priority to the families identified under the Parivar Pehchan Patra scheme under the 'Har Hit Retail Store' scheme. There is a lot of enthusiasm among the youth about this scheme in Haryana.
- If the beneficiaries identified under the Chief Minister Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana take a loan under this scheme, then the government will bear the interest of one year on their loan.
- To promote business, employment and modern market in rural areas of the state, under the Chief Minister's 'Har Hit Retail Store' scheme, 1258 applications have been received so far, out of which 982 have been surveyed. 509 who have been found eligible have been given the benefit of this scheme.
- During the meeting, the Chief Minister directed the officials to make a plan to open 5000 booths of VITA. He said that there should be a Vita booth at every bus stand, railway station, hospital, market etc. He also directed to make portable cabins and open booths so that the maximum number of people could get employment.
- The Chief Minister also directed that the products of other companies should also be kept at these booths so that the quality of the products could be improved as per the competition.
Why in News
- Recently Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS) signed a MoU with NGO 'Vasan' to include Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) of the state in the mainstream of development through livelihood reforms.
- According to this agreement, efforts will be made to improve the livelihood of PVTGs under the 'Udaan' project run by Vasan, JSLPS and increase their income by connecting them with improved honey cultivation.
- Under this project Jharkhand Millet Mission will be started by JSLPS, in which technical support will be provided by Vasan from millet production to processing marketing etc.
- Along with this, an increase in the income of PVTGs will be ensured by establishing a model of entrepreneurship through backyard poultry in 20 backward blocks of the state.
- According to the 2011 census, 26.2% of the total population of Jharkhand belongs to the Scheduled Tribes. Some of these tribes have been granted the status of PVTGs, such as Asur, Birhor, Birjia, Pahari Kharia, Korwa, Mal Paharia, Parhiya etc.
Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, President of Chhattisgarh Table Tennis Association Sharad Shukla informed that the 19th Stage Chhattisgarh State Table Tennis Competition-2021 will be organized by Chhattisgarh Table Tennis Association from 23 to 30 September at Sprayshala Table Tennis Hall located at Budhapara Raipur.
- Sharad Shukla said that on the first day of the competition, on September 23, Under-19 Boys and Girls Single Category Games will be organized.
- Keeping in mind the Covid-19, the single competition of all the categories will be organized on different days.
- In the junior boys category of this competition, first seed Rohan Lalwani of Bilaspur and second, third and fourth seeded respectively Karan Malhotra, Pranay Chauhan, Ramji Kumar of Raipur.
- R. Devanshi of Bilaspur, Ananya Dubey, Sushmita Som and Bhuneshwari of Dhamtari are in the first, second, third and fourth category in the girl's category respectively.
- The main judges of the competition are International Umpire Vimal Nair and assistant chief judges are International Umpires Abhinav Sharma and Arun Bavaria.
Why in News
- On September 21-22, 2021, under the joint aegis of Chhattisgarh's Department of Commerce and Industry and Directorate General of Foreign Trade, a two-day 'Vanijya Utsav' was held in the capital Raipur with the Shalek Export Promotion Council.
- The program was inaugurated by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. In the inaugural function, the Chief Minister said that Chhattisgarh, rich in natural resources, can play an important role in the export scenario of the country and has immense potential in the field of commerce and industry. This Vanijya Utsav will prove to be effective in promoting exports in the state.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated the State Pavilion during this period. Where major exporters of the state displayed their products. Also, he released the booklet 'Bamboo the Green Gold'.
- On the first day of the program, a session 'Chhattisgarh State is an emerging economic power in India' was organized. During this, various presentations were given and the possibilities of bamboo-based industries and environment-friendly techniques, the establishment of nutraceutical industries and export prospects of various products from the state were informed and discussed with successful exporters.
- During the exporters workshop on the second day of the program on 22nd September, the financial and regulatory hurdles being faced by the exporters and their solutions were discussed in an interactive open house session.
- Under the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, 'Vanijya Utsav' is being organized in all the districts of the country to showcase India's 75 years of economic progress.
Why in News
- On September 22, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, while addressing the tribal delegation from Kanker, Kondagaon and Bastar districts, said that arrangements would be made for the purchase of Kodo-Kutki by the state government in 14 Kodo-Kutki producing districts of the state.
- The Chief Minister said that processing centres for Kodo would also be set up in Gothans of these districts and good arrangements would be made for the marketing of processed Kodo.
- Districts producing Kodo-Kutki include 7 districts of Bastar division, 5 districts of Surguja division and Rajnandgaon and Kawardha districts.
- On the demand of the delegation, the Chief Minister announced the opening of hostels in Bastar division where Swami Atmanand English Medium Schools have been started, saying that this would provide residential facilities to the children coming from distant villages in these schools.
Switch to Hindi