- 23 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 21-22, 2021, under the joint aegis of Chhattisgarh's Department of Commerce and Industry and Directorate General of Foreign Trade, a two-day 'Vanijya Utsav' was held in the capital Raipur with the Shalek Export Promotion Council.
- The program was inaugurated by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. In the inaugural function, the Chief Minister said that Chhattisgarh, rich in natural resources, can play an important role in the export scenario of the country and has immense potential in the field of commerce and industry. This Vanijya Utsav will prove to be effective in promoting exports in the state.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated the State Pavilion during this period. Where major exporters of the state displayed their products. Also, he released the booklet 'Bamboo the Green Gold'.
- On the first day of the program, a session 'Chhattisgarh State is an emerging economic power in India' was organized. During this, various presentations were given and the possibilities of bamboo-based industries and environment-friendly techniques, the establishment of nutraceutical industries and export prospects of various products from the state were informed and discussed with successful exporters.
- During the exporters workshop on the second day of the program on 22nd September, the financial and regulatory hurdles being faced by the exporters and their solutions were discussed in an interactive open house session.
- Under the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, 'Vanijya Utsav' is being organized in all the districts of the country to showcase India's 75 years of economic progress.