Why in News
- Recently Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS) signed a MoU with NGO 'Vasan' to include Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) of the state in the mainstream of development through livelihood reforms.
- According to this agreement, efforts will be made to improve the livelihood of PVTGs under the 'Udaan' project run by Vasan, JSLPS and increase their income by connecting them with improved honey cultivation.
- Under this project Jharkhand Millet Mission will be started by JSLPS, in which technical support will be provided by Vasan from millet production to processing marketing etc.
- Along with this, an increase in the income of PVTGs will be ensured by establishing a model of entrepreneurship through backyard poultry in 20 backward blocks of the state.
- According to the 2011 census, 26.2% of the total population of Jharkhand belongs to the Scheduled Tribes. Some of these tribes have been granted the status of PVTGs, such as Asur, Birhor, Birjia, Pahari Kharia, Korwa, Mal Paharia, Parhiya etc.
Switch to Hindi