Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On September 21, 2021, Garhwal District Magistrate Dr. Vijay Kumar Jogdande inaugurated the hand holding support program under the Wood Art Training Program approved by the Government of India in Pauri Garhwal district by lighting the lamp.
- On this occasion, District Magistrate and Chief Development Officer Prashant Kumar Arya and other dignitaries distributed certificates and kits to the participants. Simultaneously, the District Magistrate inspected the crafts and models of the temples made by handicrafts and inquired about their work.
- A total of 20 participants participated in the training program organized under the aegis of Uttarakhand Handloom Council and learned the nuances of handicrafts after completing the training.
- District Magistrate Dr. Jogdande said that for the first time in the district handicraft art is being displayed, which is an important effort in this area.
- He directed the concerned officers to disseminate the ancient religious places and temples of the district by making them out of wood and to give handicraft products as a symbol instead of bouquets to the dignitaries participating in the programs organized in the district.
Switch to Hindi