Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released two short documentaries focusing on the biodiversity of Chhattisgarh and six books by various authors at the 'Discussion and Prize Distribution' programme organized on the occasion of International Day of Bio-diversity.
- He released the film 'Life Icons in Chhattisgarh: Beyond Human Existence' based on the Marine Fossils Park being prepared by the Manendragarh Forest Division and 'Pratham Expression' based on the paintings found in the forest areas of the state.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister released 6 books of various authors on the biodiversity of Chhattisgarh at the event.
- The Chief Minister is authored by Dr. Shivaji Chavan's book 'Chhattisgarh State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, 2022-30', Indian Forest Service officer Ramakrishna's book 'Shades of Past' focusing on cave paintings in Guru Ghasidas Tiger Reserve, Gaurav Nihalani and Gyanendra Pandey released the book 'Eco Tourism in Chhattisgarh – Possibilities and Challenges' by Vasundhara Natural Conservation Committee.
- Similarly, he released 'A Field Guide to Forest Grasses of Chhattisgarh' by Shailendra Uikey and Srinivas T. of Indian Forest Service and "Biodiversity in Chhattisgarh's Soil' and 'Insect Biodiversity of Chhattisgarh'' by Dr. Vivek Kumar Singhal and Dr. Hemkant Chandravanshi Ankit Seva Sansthan.
- In 1993, the United Nations General Assembly declared May 22 as the International Day of Bio-Diversity to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues. This day is also known as World Biodiversity Day.
Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel felicitated individuals and institutions for conservation and promotion of biodiversity at the 'Discussion and Prize Distribution' programme organized on the occasion of International Day of Bio-diversity.
- The Chief Minister announced awards for institutions, individuals and bio-management committees working in the field of biodiversity, conservation of pets, bio-cultural diversity at the event. The persons concerned were felicitated by the forest officials associated with video conferencing from the programme.
- The awards were given in the categories of Conservation of Wild Animals and Conservation of Domesticated Species, Nutritional Use of Bio-resources, Biodiversity Conservation from Civilization, Culture and Heritage and Best Biodiversity Management Committee.
- Under the Chhattisgarh Biodiversity Awards, 2022, the Best Bio-diversity Management Committee, Shahwara, Kanker and Management Committee Chicha Durg in the best institute category were honoured with a prize money of Rs. 50,000 and a citation of Rs. 50,000/
- Similarly, the nutritional use of bio-resources is kishore kumar rajput in the individual category and the conservation of domestic species in the individual category. Padam Jain was honoured with a prize money of Rs. 25,000 and a citation.
- People for Animal Durg-Bhilai in the Category of Conservation of Pet Species And Nature Biodiversity Association in the Category of Conservation of Wild Animals were awarded with a prize money of Rs.50,000/- and a citation of Rs. 25,000/- were awarded to Rajendra Prasad Mishra and Ms. Nidhi Tiwari in the Conservation of Wild Animals Individual category and a prize money of Rs.25,000 /-.
Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel performed the Bhoomi Pujan of the 'State Cancer Institute' to be built at a cost of Rs 120 crore in Bilaspur in a virtual programme held at his residence office.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that the State Cancer Institute will be equipped with the necessary state-of-the-art equipment for the treatment of cancer and its construction will be completed in the next one year.
- The state cancer institute to be built in Bilaspur will have facilities for treatment of all types of cancers under one roof. The institute will have a 100-bed state-of-the-art cancer ward and a 20-bed state-of-the-art ICU ward.
- All types of chemotherapy, such as targeted, immuno, molecular, meturonomic facilities will be available free of cost at the State Cancer Institute. Here will be treated with state-of-the-art radiotherapy machine.
- Two linear accelerators, cobalt brachytherapy unit, PET scan machine, CT simulator, MRI machine and all state-of-the-art tools for cancer research will be available at the State Cancer Institute.
- Breast cancer, cervical cancer, oral and throat cancer, lung cancer, large intestine and cancer, stomach cancer, liver, gallbladder cancer, bone cancer, blood cancer can be treated under one roof.
Why In News
- Recently, Chhattisgarh's first entry-exit gate model Haat-Market was launched at Barsur under Geedam Vikaskhand in Dantewada district.
- With the initiative of the district administration, this model Hat-Market has been constructed to provide all facilities to the villagers.
- For the first time, a well-planned gate for entry and exit has been built in the Hat-Market, where goods or products brought by villagers or traders are weighed, so that the villagers can sell the goods at a fixed price.
- At the same time, at the exit gate it is ensured that they have received a fair price for their goods or not.
- Being a model Hat-Market, the weight of the goods brought by the machine for the small traders is mentioned in the local dialect.
- In order to protect the food items in the Hat Market itself, dry and cold storage facility has been provided so that the remaining material after the sale can be preserved till the next market.
- About 200 traders are benefiting from the model Hat-Market. The Chief Minister's Hat-Market Clinic Scheme is also being run at the Hat-Market site itself.
- It is worth noting that the Hat-Market in bastar region has a different significance of its own. Hat-Market is considered as the lifeline of the rural economy.
Switch to Hindi