State's first model Haat-Market begins at Barsur in Dantewada district
- 23 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News
- Recently, Chhattisgarh's first entry-exit gate model Haat-Market was launched at Barsur under Geedam Vikaskhand in Dantewada district.
- With the initiative of the district administration, this model Hat-Market has been constructed to provide all facilities to the villagers.
- For the first time, a well-planned gate for entry and exit has been built in the Hat-Market, where goods or products brought by villagers or traders are weighed, so that the villagers can sell the goods at a fixed price.
- At the same time, at the exit gate it is ensured that they have received a fair price for their goods or not.
- Being a model Hat-Market, the weight of the goods brought by the machine for the small traders is mentioned in the local dialect.
- In order to protect the food items in the Hat Market itself, dry and cold storage facility has been provided so that the remaining material after the sale can be preserved till the next market.
- About 200 traders are benefiting from the model Hat-Market. The Chief Minister's Hat-Market Clinic Scheme is also being run at the Hat-Market site itself.
- It is worth noting that the Hat-Market in bastar region has a different significance of its own. Hat-Market is considered as the lifeline of the rural economy.