Virtual Bhoomi Pujan of State Cancer Institute
- 23 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel performed the Bhoomi Pujan of the 'State Cancer Institute' to be built at a cost of Rs 120 crore in Bilaspur in a virtual programme held at his residence office.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that the State Cancer Institute will be equipped with the necessary state-of-the-art equipment for the treatment of cancer and its construction will be completed in the next one year.
- The state cancer institute to be built in Bilaspur will have facilities for treatment of all types of cancers under one roof. The institute will have a 100-bed state-of-the-art cancer ward and a 20-bed state-of-the-art ICU ward.
- All types of chemotherapy, such as targeted, immuno, molecular, meturonomic facilities will be available free of cost at the State Cancer Institute. Here will be treated with state-of-the-art radiotherapy machine.
- Two linear accelerators, cobalt brachytherapy unit, PET scan machine, CT simulator, MRI machine and all state-of-the-art tools for cancer research will be available at the State Cancer Institute.
- Breast cancer, cervical cancer, oral and throat cancer, lung cancer, large intestine and cancer, stomach cancer, liver, gallbladder cancer, bone cancer, blood cancer can be treated under one roof.