CM awards Individuals and Institutions for Conservation and Promotion of Bio-Diversity
- 23 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel felicitated individuals and institutions for conservation and promotion of biodiversity at the 'Discussion and Prize Distribution' programme organized on the occasion of International Day of Bio-diversity.
- The Chief Minister announced awards for institutions, individuals and bio-management committees working in the field of biodiversity, conservation of pets, bio-cultural diversity at the event. The persons concerned were felicitated by the forest officials associated with video conferencing from the programme.
- The awards were given in the categories of Conservation of Wild Animals and Conservation of Domesticated Species, Nutritional Use of Bio-resources, Biodiversity Conservation from Civilization, Culture and Heritage and Best Biodiversity Management Committee.
- Under the Chhattisgarh Biodiversity Awards, 2022, the Best Bio-diversity Management Committee, Shahwara, Kanker and Management Committee Chicha Durg in the best institute category were honoured with a prize money of Rs. 50,000 and a citation of Rs. 50,000/
- Similarly, the nutritional use of bio-resources is kishore kumar rajput in the individual category and the conservation of domestic species in the individual category. Padam Jain was honoured with a prize money of Rs. 25,000 and a citation.
- People for Animal Durg-Bhilai in the Category of Conservation of Pet Species And Nature Biodiversity Association in the Category of Conservation of Wild Animals were awarded with a prize money of Rs.50,000/- and a citation of Rs. 25,000/- were awarded to Rajendra Prasad Mishra and Ms. Nidhi Tiwari in the Conservation of Wild Animals Individual category and a prize money of Rs.25,000 /-.