Two Short Documentaries Focusing on Bio-Diversity
- 23 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News
- On May 22, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released two short documentaries focusing on the biodiversity of Chhattisgarh and six books by various authors at the 'Discussion and Prize Distribution' programme organized on the occasion of International Day of Bio-diversity.
- He released the film 'Life Icons in Chhattisgarh: Beyond Human Existence' based on the Marine Fossils Park being prepared by the Manendragarh Forest Division and 'Pratham Expression' based on the paintings found in the forest areas of the state.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister released 6 books of various authors on the biodiversity of Chhattisgarh at the event.
- The Chief Minister is authored by Dr. Shivaji Chavan's book 'Chhattisgarh State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, 2022-30', Indian Forest Service officer Ramakrishna's book 'Shades of Past' focusing on cave paintings in Guru Ghasidas Tiger Reserve, Gaurav Nihalani and Gyanendra Pandey released the book 'Eco Tourism in Chhattisgarh – Possibilities and Challenges' by Vasundhara Natural Conservation Committee.
- Similarly, he released 'A Field Guide to Forest Grasses of Chhattisgarh' by Shailendra Uikey and Srinivas T. of Indian Forest Service and "Biodiversity in Chhattisgarh's Soil' and 'Insect Biodiversity of Chhattisgarh'' by Dr. Vivek Kumar Singhal and Dr. Hemkant Chandravanshi Ankit Seva Sansthan.
- In 1993, the United Nations General Assembly declared May 22 as the International Day of Bio-Diversity to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues. This day is also known as World Biodiversity Day.