Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the new unit of Innovation Danex of Dantewada, which is popular across the country due to its textile unit at Katekalyan in Dantewada district. Here 100 women will make garments.
- With this, the Fifth Unit of Danex, Chhindnar, signed an MoU. The MoU was signed between Danex FPO (Farmer Producers Association) and export house Tirpur, one of the largest units in the country of Whole Sale in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- So far, four units of Danex established from Harm, Barsur, Karli, Katekalyan were being sent to Bengaluru, but after this MoU, the clothes to be prepared from The Chhindnar, the fifth unit of Danex, will also be seen in the UK and US market.
- It is worth mentioning that Dantewada has been established as a new centre of textile business through Danex. Due to the quality of the clothes here, the demand for them has increased across the country and the business organizations across the country are approaching them.
- About 16 months ago, in the tribal-dominated Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, the district administration had set up a Nava Dantewada Garment Factory at Gram Panchayat Harm to enhance the self-reliance of women. The clothes made here were given the brand name 'Danex'. Danex means 'Dantewada Next'. The brand reflects the richness, tradition and culture of Dantewada district.
- In the last 16 months alone, 6 lakh 85 thousand cloth lots worth about Rs 50 crore have been sent to Bengaluru from four units of Danex, from where they are being sold all over the country (from Kashmir to Kanyakumari). About 800 people from Dantewada have got employment from Danex.
- Due to the rapid transmission of units of Danex, not only women have got employment, but the demand for the clothes of the institute is also taking place across the country to enhance their skills.
- Significantly, the women of Danex recently took eleven km. The long chunri has been constructed, which the Chief Minister will offer to Danteshwari Mata.
Why in News?
- The 'Bhagini Maternity Assistance Scheme' for the beneficiaries of Chhattisgarh Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board on May 23, 2022 has now been renamed as 'Minimata Mahatari Jatan Yojana' by partially amending the notification issued earlier.
- The main objective of the launch of 'Bhagini Maternity Assistance Scheme' by the Chhattisgarh government is to provide financial support to the working women belonging to the weaker income group of the unorganized sectors of the state for maternity.
- For this, the assistance is provided to the women for proper and adequate food from conception to the maternity, so that the body of the women and the child does not have any food and nutrition deficiency and economic problems in the pregnancy.
- Rs. 10000/- is given under the scheme, out of which Rs. 5000/- is given in the first trimester of pregnancy and the remaining Rs. 5000/- in the third trimester (eighth month). The amount of assistance is paid within 72 hours of receipt of information.
- Eligibility for the scheme-
- Registration of spouse of the beneficiary is required.
- Official verification of pregnancy of a woman worker must be done by a doctor, ANM or Mitanine.
- The wife of a construction worker working in public and government institutions will not get the benefit of the scheme.
- The benefit of maternity scheme will be payable only for a maximum of two times delivery.
- After 90 days of eligibility registration of benefits.
Why in News?
- On May 22, 2022, Chhattisgarh Assembly Speaker Dr. Charan Das Mahant inaugurated the state's first Kisan School at Village Beheradih in Baloda block of Janjgir-Champa district.
- Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Charandas Mahant said that this school is the first of its kind in the country where farmers will be given free training in the field of farming.
- In this school, farmers will be given information in 18 different subjects in the field of agriculture. Both theory and practical information will be available in the training.
- In this school, farmers will be given information about kharif crop, rabi crop as well as animal husbandry, dairying, poultry, fisheries, lac production, beekeeping, goat rearing, vegetable farming management, kosa pest rearing and other subjects in the agriculture sector.
Switch to Hindi