‘Bhagini Maternity Assistance Scheme' Now Named 'Minimata Mahatari Jatan Yojana'
- 24 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- The 'Bhagini Maternity Assistance Scheme' for the beneficiaries of Chhattisgarh Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board on May 23, 2022 has now been renamed as 'Minimata Mahatari Jatan Yojana' by partially amending the notification issued earlier.
- The main objective of the launch of 'Bhagini Maternity Assistance Scheme' by the Chhattisgarh government is to provide financial support to the working women belonging to the weaker income group of the unorganized sectors of the state for maternity.
- For this, the assistance is provided to the women for proper and adequate food from conception to the maternity, so that the body of the women and the child does not have any food and nutrition deficiency and economic problems in the pregnancy.
- Rs. 10000/- is given under the scheme, out of which Rs. 5000/- is given in the first trimester of pregnancy and the remaining Rs. 5000/- in the third trimester (eighth month). The amount of assistance is paid within 72 hours of receipt of information.
- Eligibility for the scheme-
- Registration of spouse of the beneficiary is required.
- Official verification of pregnancy of a woman worker must be done by a doctor, ANM or Mitanine.
- The wife of a construction worker working in public and government institutions will not get the benefit of the scheme.
- The benefit of maternity scheme will be payable only for a maximum of two times delivery.
- After 90 days of eligibility registration of benefits.