Launch of New Unit of Danex
- 24 May 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the new unit of Innovation Danex of Dantewada, which is popular across the country due to its textile unit at Katekalyan in Dantewada district. Here 100 women will make garments.
- With this, the Fifth Unit of Danex, Chhindnar, signed an MoU. The MoU was signed between Danex FPO (Farmer Producers Association) and export house Tirpur, one of the largest units in the country of Whole Sale in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- So far, four units of Danex established from Harm, Barsur, Karli, Katekalyan were being sent to Bengaluru, but after this MoU, the clothes to be prepared from The Chhindnar, the fifth unit of Danex, will also be seen in the UK and US market.
- It is worth mentioning that Dantewada has been established as a new centre of textile business through Danex. Due to the quality of the clothes here, the demand for them has increased across the country and the business organizations across the country are approaching them.
- About 16 months ago, in the tribal-dominated Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, the district administration had set up a Nava Dantewada Garment Factory at Gram Panchayat Harm to enhance the self-reliance of women. The clothes made here were given the brand name 'Danex'. Danex means 'Dantewada Next'. The brand reflects the richness, tradition and culture of Dantewada district.
- In the last 16 months alone, 6 lakh 85 thousand cloth lots worth about Rs 50 crore have been sent to Bengaluru from four units of Danex, from where they are being sold all over the country (from Kashmir to Kanyakumari). About 800 people from Dantewada have got employment from Danex.
- Due to the rapid transmission of units of Danex, not only women have got employment, but the demand for the clothes of the institute is also taking place across the country to enhance their skills.
- Significantly, the women of Danex recently took eleven km. The long chunri has been constructed, which the Chief Minister will offer to Danteshwari Mata.