Why in News?
- On May 20, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel dedicated the Gyan Gudi Education City in Bijapur and planted a Rudraksha plant in the campus.
- Free education is being provided to the children from class 9th to 12th for entrance exams like NEET, JEE Mains, Advance, Board exams etc. in the Chulo Aasman Coaching Center being run in the Education City campus. This year 3 children have been selected in JEE; 5 children have been selected in NEET.
- There are well-equipped hostels in the campus for boys and girls. Training is being imparted by the coaches in various sports like football, volleyball, archery, swimming, kabaddi, judo-karate, athletics etc.
- It has a capacity of 280 children and currently has 90 training children. 5 children were the winners in international games and 2 children in Khelo India.
- In Samarth Rehabilitation Centre, children are taught through teaching learning material. Samarth currently has 40 children from all development blocks of Bijapur district, who are being provided all facilities like food, shelter, etc. free of cost by the government. Here, other mentally, visually impaired children are being educated with the efforts of Samarth.
- Children with 21 types of physical disabilities are trained in the sensory room. Here, visually impaired children are also trained to identify objects and colours with the touch of hands and feet and to identify foods by tasting them.
Switch to Hindi