Why in News
- From October 16 to 18, 2021, a painting exhibition 'Rang Bhare Gubbare' by Shuchi Sharma, a former Indian Administrative Service officer, was exhibited at the Surekh Art Gallery of Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur.
- The exhibition was inaugurated by Gayatri Rathod, Principal Secretary, Art, Literature and Culture Department, and Pawan Arora, Commissioner, Rajasthan Housing Board.
- In this photo exhibition, portraits, landscapes, still life and other life-influenced paintings of Shuchi Sharma were displayed.
- Shuchi Sharma said that in the last one year she has made more than 120 paintings, which have been displayed here. The proceeds from the paintings displayed in this exhibition will be used to help children who have been orphaned due to the Covid epidemic.
Why in News
- In the Youth National Sailing Championship-2021 organized by Yachting Association of India at Malad (Mumbai) from October 11 to 16, 2021, the players of National Sailing School, Bhopal won a total of 8 medals including 3 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze.
- This event is the second round of the selection trials for the Asian Games.
- In this championship, Ritika Dangi won the gold medal in the Laser 4.7 event while Neha Thakur won the silver medal.
- Eklavya Batham won the gold medal in Optimist Overall. In the same event, in the girls' category, Divyanshi Mishra won the silver medal for Madhya Pradesh by finishing third overall.
- Madhya Pradesh also won gold, silver and bronze medals in the 420 mixed class event. In this event, the pair of Nancy Rai and Ani Raj Sendhav won gold, the pair of Vidyanshi Mishra and Manish Sharma won silver and the pair of Pushkar Bamre and Vanshika Singh Parihar won bronze.
- Shagun Jha won a silver medal for Madhya Pradesh in U-12 Optimist class.
- All these players are getting training from Arjun Awardee coach G.L. Yadav at National Sailing School located at Badi Lake in the capital Bhopal.
Why in News
- Recently, the Department of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises, Government of Madhya Pradesh has formulated a new MSME Development Policy to make Madhya Pradesh self-reliant and revive industries.
- In this policy, apart from increasing investment in the state, all possible provisions have been made to provide employment to the local youth. Madhya Pradesh is very ahead in the country in agricultural products and in the policy made for processing these products in the state itself, it has been announced to give concessions along with many facilities to these units.
- Under the policy, many types of assistance facilities will be provided to the new food processing unit, in which investment of more than Rs 10 crore and up to Rs 50 crore has been made in the machinery plant.
- According to the policy, a rebate of Re 1 per unit or 20 percent, whichever is less, will be provided to high-pressure consumers on getting a new connection in the prevailing electricity tariff under electricity consumption assistance. This exemption will be admissible for food processing units for a period of up to 05 years from the date of production, commercial operation.
- In the off-season, 10% of the contract demand or the actual recorded demand, whichever is higher, will be billed at normal tariff, rebate will be payable to the respective category of food processing units.
- Similarly, the provision of exemption from the market fees is also in the policy. All such eligible food processing units will be exempted from the market fees for a maximum period of 50 per cent of the investment in plant and machinery or for a period of five years, whichever is less. This facility of exemption from duty will be available only to those units, which will purchase agricultural produce of this state.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar became the first agricultural university in the country to conduct research on electric tractors.
- University Vice Chancellor Professor B.R. Kamboj said that this e-tractor covers 23.17 km. Can run at a maximum speed of 1.5 tonnes per hour, and can travel 80 kms with a trailer weighing 1.5 tonnes. The income of the farmers will also increase with the use of this tractor.
- A 16.2 kWh lithium-ion battery has been used in the e-tractor which can be fully charged in 09 hours. During this, 19 to 20 units of electricity are consumed.
- It also has the option of fast charging, with the help of which the tractor's battery can be charged in just 4 hours. The tractor has a very good drawbar pull of 77 percent. In terms of the cost of operation of the electric tractor, it is 32 percent and 25.72 percent cheaper than diesel tractor.
- In this tractor, 52 percent vibration and 20.52 percent noise were found below the maximum permissible limit of the BIS code.
- Due to the lack of an engine with the operator in the tractor, heat is also not generated, which will prove to be absolutely comfortable for the operator.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated 'Har Hit Store' simultaneously at 71 places in the state from Gurugram. Through these stores, the state government has set a target to connect every family of the state with employment by 2025.
- First of all, the Chief Minister inaugurated a 'Har Hit Store' in Farukhnagar town of Gurugram district on the spot and became the first customer of that store.
- Thereafter, the Chief Minister inaugurated 70 'Har Hit Stores' across the state through the online medium from Rosie Pelican Tourist Complex in Sultanpur.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that while on one hand youth are getting employment opportunities from these stores, on the other hand, people will get pure, certified and quality goods at affordable rates near their homes.
- According to the announcement of the Chief Minister, 'Har Hit Store' will be opened for every 3000 population in a rural area and 10 thousand population in an urban area.
- 550 products of 60 household utility companies have been made available at these stores. Apart from MSMEs, small scale industrial units and cooperative sector units, quality products prepared by the Self Help Group of women will be available here at a lower price than the market. All the goods will be sold through a computerized system. After this, Vita booths will also be opened in the state.
- These schemes have been started for each of the families by identifying them through family identity card data.
- During this, the Chief Minister said that in order to make the youth of the state skilled, the government has opened the country's first skill development university in Dudhola village of Palwal district in Haryana.
- He said that the standards of the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families have been changed. Now the family whose annual income from all sources is up to Rs 1 lakh 80 thousand will come under BPL, whereas earlier the income limit was Rs 1 lakh 20 thousand per annum.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel decided to constitute the Chhattisgarh Tea Coffee Board under the chairmanship of the Agriculture Minister to ensure maximum benefits to the local farmers and processors and to promote tea coffee cultivation in the state.
- The Industry Minister will be the Vice-Chairman on this board. Two special members including the Additional Chief Secretary of the Chief Minister's Secretariat, Agriculture Production Commissioner, Managing Director of CSIDC, one officer each from Agriculture Horticulture and Forest Department will also be included in the board.
- The Chief Minister said that the target of cultivating tea and coffee in at least ten thousand acres would be achieved in the next three years. The farmers cultivating tea and coffee will be given Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana and other facilities of the Agriculture Department.
- It is noteworthy that the northern part of the state, especially in Jashpur district, has huge potential for the cultivation and processing of coffee and the southern part, especially in Bastar district.
- The Horticulture and Industries Department will play an important role in this. For this purpose, along with taking technical guidance from reputed institutions of national level, the help of private sector experts, investors and consultants will also be taken.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the Kalagudi (Bastar Art Gallery) built near Dalpat Sagar in Jagdalpur, the headquarters of Bastar district. Also, an MoU was signed between Bastar district administration and Flipkart for the sale of Bastar crafts in the presence of the Chief Minister.
- On this occasion, Bastar Collector Rajat Bansal, while giving information about this complex built for the live display of handicraft arts of Bastar, said that during British rule this building had reached a very dilapidated condition. Presently it was being used by the Public Works Department as an engineering workshop.
- The dilapidated buildings located in this complex have been reconstructed to acquaint the younger generation with the tourists with the traditional handicraft arts of Bastar.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister visited the art gallery set up here and saw a live display of iron crafts, clay crafts, bell metal crafts and sisal crafts made by folk artists. Along with this, the Chief Minister also tasted Bastar Coffee in the cafeteria here.
- In this art gallery, DIET assistant professor Subhash Srivastava, who has been exhibiting art through dry wood for 30 years, exhibited artefacts made of paper as well as artefacts made of bell-metal. Along with this, a workshop of Jagar paintings made in the walls on the occasion of Lakshmi Jagar and Dhankul Jagar was also set up in another room here.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel attended the 'Muria Darbar' organized in Sirhasar under the world famous historical Bastar Dussehra and made various announcements fulfilling the demands made by the public representatives.
- On reaching Sirhasar to attend the Muria court, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel was welcomed by Manjhi-drivers wearing traditional turbans.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister announced the recruitment of one clerk and one clerk for the Temple Committee and also renamed the Government Engineering College located here after Veer Jhada Sirha. He also announced the construction of a modern Jyoti room in the Danteshwari temple.
- The Muria Durbar in Bastar was started on March 8, 1876, in which the Deputy Commissioner of Sironcha, Make George, addressed the Manjhi-Chalkis. Later, according to the convenience of the people, it was made an integral part of Bastar Dussehra, which continued for 145 years as per tradition.
- The princely state of Bastar established a pargana in his state and appointed a manjhi (head) from the native tribes, who used to convey everything about his area to the king, while also making the villagers aware of the decree. In the Muria court, the Manjhi of 80 Parganas, set by the king, inform him about the problems of his area.
- Earlier in the Muria court, the king and the officials of the princely state used to listen to the words of the Manjhis and the then administration used to take the initiative to solve them. After independence, the appearance of the Muria court changed. After 1947, along with the king, public representatives also started joining it.
- Before 1965, the Bastar Maharaja Late. Praveer Chandra Bhanjdev continued to preside over the court. After his death, members of the royal family had stopped coming to Muria's court. Since the year 2015, Kamalchandra Bhanjdev of the Raj family has been attending this court.
- Now elected public representatives and senior officials of Bastar division are present in the Muria court of Bastar. They take applications from the villagers. Manjhi, Chaliki and member-members keep their problems in front of them. The Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh has also attended almost every Muria Darbar since 2009-10.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the Bastar Academy of Dance, Art and Language (BADAL) for the preservation and promotion of folk dance, local dialects, literature and craftsmanship of Bastar in Asna village near Jagdalpur, the headquarters of Bastar division.
- An MoU was signed between BADAL Academy and Indira University of Arts and Music on this occasion. Under this, work will be done jointly for folk dance and folk music at BADAL Academy by Indira University of Arts and Music. The university will conduct the disciplines related to its courses by giving recognition to BADAL Academy.
- Library, recording room, open theatre, dance gallery, changing room, garden and residential house, pathway, exhibition hall, cafeteria have been built in BADAL Academy.
- To transfer the different tribal cultures of Bastar from one generation to another through Badal Academy, to introduce them to the rest of the country and the world, to impart training in local dialect and language to the field staff-officers here for smooth performance of government works etc. work will be done.
- Mainly in this Academy, Folk Songs and Folk Dance Division, Folk Literature Division, Language Division and Bastar Shilp Kala Division have been established.
- Under the Folk Songs and Folk Dance Division, all the folk songs of Bastar, compilation of folk dance songs, sound recording, filming and performance will be trained to the new generation, including Ganwar Sing Nacha, Dandari Nacha, Dhurva Nacha, Parab Nacha, Lejageet, Marirsona. , Jagar Geet etc. are prominent.
- Under the Public Literature Division, a compilation of religious customs, social fabric, festivals, poems, idioms etc. of all the societies of Bastar will be written and made accessible to the people.
- Under the language division, people will be trained in these dialects by preparing a speaking course for the famous dialects of Bastar, Halbi, Gondi, Dhurvi and Bhatri.
- Similarly, under the Bastar Shilp Kala Division, the art of performing and producing woodcraft, metal art, bamboo art, jutkala, tumba art etc. will be taught in the crafts arts of Bastar.
- The three buildings constructed in BADAL Academy have been named after the brave martyrs. In these, the administrative building has been named after Shaheed Jhada Sirha, the residential complex has been named after Shaheed Ballesingh of Halba tribe and the library and study building have been named after Shaheed Veer Gundadhur of Dhurwa society.
- Along with this, in the presence of the Chief Minister, MoU was signed with Think-B and IIM Raipur, IIIT Raipur, Hidayatullah National Law University and Tata Institute of Social Sciences. This MoU was done to promote and incubate the startups of the youth of Bastar desirous of entrepreneurship and self-employment.
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the 'Pritam Bharatwan Jagar Dhol Sagar International Academy' at Nalapani Chowk, Dehradun with the aim of preserving folk culture, Jagar, Dhol Sagar.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister announced financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh to this academy.
- In this academy, free of cost training will be provided to the students and research scholars interested in folk music, traditional dhol damau, hudka door etc. With this, they will get an opportunity to understand and know the Uttarakhandi folk culture and the culture of Uttarakhand will be preserved.
- On this occasion, 107-year-old Dhol Sagar scholar Sherdas and 81-year-old Kalam Das, who cherish the Dhol art heritage, were honored along with other Kalavants.
- The director of this academy is Padmashree Jagar Samrat Pritam Bharatwan. Pritam Bharatwan was born in Sila village of Dehradun district. He is a folk singer from Uttarakhand. Apart from singing Jagar, Folk Geet, Pavanda and Ghuyal, Dhol, Damau, Hudka and Daur have also mastered playing thakuli, a Uttarakhandi musical instrument.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in the year 2019 for singing Jagar.
Why in News
- Recently MLA Vinod Chamoli and CEO of F Salon Academy Prachi Kaushik jointly inaugurated F Salon Academy of International Fashion and Lifestyle Broadcast Television Channel Fashion TV (FTV) in Dehradun.
- Tushar Pratap Singh, Owner, FTV Salon Academy, Dehradun said that it aims to achieve the goal of presenting the fashion industry with its most exceptional quality professionals through F Salon Academy.
- The training provided by F Salon Academy is as per international standards and the youth of Uttarakhand will be trained according to these standards.
- Prachi Kaushik, CEO, F Salon Academy said that 500+ franchisees of the academy will be set up across India, in which students can take more than 100 beauty courses.
- This academy is not only limited to producing professionals of international standard but will revolutionize the Indian market by creating 14 million jobs per year.
- He said that we are also planning to associate with various government organizations and non-government organizations for the upliftment of weaker sections of the society, disabled people, housewives etc. by providing scholarships.
Switch to Hindi