- 18 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar became the first agricultural university in the country to conduct research on electric tractors.
- University Vice Chancellor Professor B.R. Kamboj said that this e-tractor covers 23.17 km. Can run at a maximum speed of 1.5 tonnes per hour, and can travel 80 kms with a trailer weighing 1.5 tonnes. The income of the farmers will also increase with the use of this tractor.
- A 16.2 kWh lithium-ion battery has been used in the e-tractor which can be fully charged in 09 hours. During this, 19 to 20 units of electricity are consumed.
- It also has the option of fast charging, with the help of which the tractor's battery can be charged in just 4 hours. The tractor has a very good drawbar pull of 77 percent. In terms of the cost of operation of the electric tractor, it is 32 percent and 25.72 percent cheaper than diesel tractor.
- In this tractor, 52 percent vibration and 20.52 percent noise were found below the maximum permissible limit of the BIS code.
- Due to the lack of an engine with the operator in the tractor, heat is also not generated, which will prove to be absolutely comfortable for the operator.