Chhattisgarh Tea Coffee Board
- 18 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel decided to constitute the Chhattisgarh Tea Coffee Board under the chairmanship of the Agriculture Minister to ensure maximum benefits to the local farmers and processors and to promote tea coffee cultivation in the state.
- The Industry Minister will be the Vice-Chairman on this board. Two special members including the Additional Chief Secretary of the Chief Minister's Secretariat, Agriculture Production Commissioner, Managing Director of CSIDC, one officer each from Agriculture Horticulture and Forest Department will also be included in the board.
- The Chief Minister said that the target of cultivating tea and coffee in at least ten thousand acres would be achieved in the next three years. The farmers cultivating tea and coffee will be given Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana and other facilities of the Agriculture Department.
- It is noteworthy that the northern part of the state, especially in Jashpur district, has huge potential for the cultivation and processing of coffee and the southern part, especially in Bastar district.
- The Horticulture and Industries Department will play an important role in this. For this purpose, along with taking technical guidance from reputed institutions of national level, the help of private sector experts, investors and consultants will also be taken.