- 18 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 17, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the Kalagudi (Bastar Art Gallery) built near Dalpat Sagar in Jagdalpur, the headquarters of Bastar district. Also, an MoU was signed between Bastar district administration and Flipkart for the sale of Bastar crafts in the presence of the Chief Minister.
- On this occasion, Bastar Collector Rajat Bansal, while giving information about this complex built for the live display of handicraft arts of Bastar, said that during British rule this building had reached a very dilapidated condition. Presently it was being used by the Public Works Department as an engineering workshop.
- The dilapidated buildings located in this complex have been reconstructed to acquaint the younger generation with the tourists with the traditional handicraft arts of Bastar.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister visited the art gallery set up here and saw a live display of iron crafts, clay crafts, bell metal crafts and sisal crafts made by folk artists. Along with this, the Chief Minister also tasted Bastar Coffee in the cafeteria here.
- In this art gallery, DIET assistant professor Subhash Srivastava, who has been exhibiting art through dry wood for 30 years, exhibited artefacts made of paper as well as artefacts made of bell-metal. Along with this, a workshop of Jagar paintings made in the walls on the occasion of Lakshmi Jagar and Dhankul Jagar was also set up in another room here.