Why in News
- On January 16, 2022, the National Level Synthetic Lawn Tennis and Basketball Court was inaugurated by Prof. Rajeev Tripathi, Director of the Institute at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Prayagraj.
- Along with this he also inaugurated a gym. With this, while on one hand the students have got the facility to play lawn tennis and basketball in the campus itself, on the other hand a high-end gym has also been found to exercise.
- Both these courts and the gym have been built with donations made by the 1987 batch. 32 lakh rupees were spent in its construction.
- With the establishment of this court, students studying in the institute and interested in sports will get an opportunity to play. This will not only help in physical fitness, but will also help in stress management.
- On this occasion, Raj Dubey, a 1987 Mechanical batch alumnus and Executive Director, Indian Oil Corporation Limited also unveiled the logo of MAA designed by Mridula Bhadra, Research Scholar, Department of Biotechnology.
Why in News
- On January 15, 2022, Rajasthan's Medical and Health Minister Parsadi Lal Meena and Water Resources Minister Mahendrajit Singh Malviya laid the foundation stone of the building of Government Girls College, Ramgarh Pachwara in Gram Panchayat Bidoli.
- Addressing the foundation stone laying ceremony, Malviya said that one Anicut would be constructed at Nizampura and Salempura of Pachwara area and a big Anicut at Koliwada and Rahuwas.
- With the construction of Anicut, the surrounding villagers, farmers and livestock farmers will get financial support and agricultural production will also increase.
- During the function, the Health Minister said that in the coming budget, Pachwara will be known as Five Star. He also directed the officials to prepare the Girls College building in 10 months.
Why in News
- On January 15, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated Gandhi Deaf College, Jodhpur through video conference.
- Gandhi Deaf Vidyalaya was established in 1982 by the Jodhpur Deaf Welfare Committee formed in 1982 with the objective of providing quality education to deaf children.
- In the year 2002, during the first tenure of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, this deaf school got the status of secondary school. In his second term in 2010, it became a Senior Secondary School.
- It is noteworthy that the Chief Minister had announced in the budget this year to upgrade it to a college.
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie said that due to the announcement of opening of deaf and mute colleges in Jaipur and Jodhpur by the Chief Minister in the budget, deaf children will get ease in studies from class 12th onwards.
- He said that in the last three years, the State Government has implemented various schemes and programs for the welfare of the differently-abled. The reservation of special qualified persons in recruitment has been increased to 5 percent. Apart from this, scooty distribution has also been started for specially abled persons.
- Chief Advisor of College Steering Committee and former Judge LN Mathur said that quality education would be provided to deaf and deaf children in this college with the help of special teachers, hearing aid and smart board knowledgeable in sign language.
Why in News
- On January 16, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the world's first modern cath lab and central India's first modern cath lab at National Hospital, Bhopal.
- The Chief Minister said that this cath lab has been started for the heart patients in the National Hospital, so that the patient can get proper treatment. National Hospital will establish a new identity in Central India through its new cath lab.
- He said that private hospitals should become service-oriented and avoid a commercial mindset. There can be no greater reward than serving the patients with dedication.
- Calling upon the big medical institutions to come forward to spread modern health facilities to the remote areas of the state, the Chief Minister said that the state government is contemplating to bring a well-planned policy for health facilities through private public partnership.
Why in News
- On January 16, 2022, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that 75 percent job reservation law has been implemented in the state from January 15. Now the youth of the state will be given priority for jobs in all the private sector companies, institutions, trusts, societies and industries established in the state.
- With the implementation of this system, new avenues of employment in the private sector will open for lakhs of youth of the state.
- A dedicated portal with a helpline number has also been created by the Labor Department in this regard. Companies will have to indicate their vacancy on the portal, which will be continuously monitored by the government.
- The 'Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020', which provides for 75 per cent reservation to local youth, applies to private sector companies, societies, trusts, limited liability partnership firms, partnership firms and any person employing 10 or more persons. Applies to persons who, for the purpose of manufacturing, carrying on business or rendering any service in the State, pay wages, wages or other remuneration.
- It is now mandatory for all these employers to pay gross monthly salary or remuneration not exceeding Rs 30,000 to all their employees on the designated HUM portal.
- The Haryana State Local Candidates Employment Rules, 2021 issued by the state government has made it mandatory for private employers in the state to submit a quarterly report regarding compliance with the 75 percent reservation law.
- Time-limits have also been prescribed in the rules for the officers authorized to the State Government to redress the grievances of local candidates and to provide relaxation to the employers under the law.
Why in News
- On January 15, 2022, Atanu Bhowmik, Executive Director (Operations), Bokaro Steel Plant, inaugurated the newly renovated Hi-Tech Environment Laboratory of Bokaro Steel Plant.
- Built as per the latest guidelines of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, this laboratory is equipped with latest technologies and necessary facilities for environmental parameter monitoring of various units of the plant, including Effluent Parameter Monitoring, Stack Emission Monitoring, Work Area Air Quality Monitoring and noise monitoring are included.
- The laboratory will also meet the environmental monitoring requirements of the township and Bokaro General Hospital. The laboratory has facilities to test and monitor various parameters of drinking water.
- In addition, it is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies like spectrophotometer, stack emission kit, gas analyzer, BOD incubator, work-zone air quality monitor, pH meter, TDS meter, noise monitor and hack built multi-parameter measuring instrument.
- In addition the laboratory is 5S and ISO 14001 certified. This laboratory has been renovated by the team of the Environment Control Department under the leadership of General Manager (Environmental Control) NP Srivastava.
Why in News
- Recently, SK Mishra, Regional Officer of the National Highways Authority of India, said that the Expression of Interest will be issued soon for the construction of Gola-Ormanjhi Expressway from Bokaro.
- Mishra said that the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has completed all its process and sent it to the Government of India. Soon the tender for its construction will be issued by the NHAI Headquarters located in New Delhi.
- About Rs 1700 crore will be spent to build the road from Bokaro to Gola and from Gola to Ormanjhi. Tenders will be issued in separate packages for both the sections.
- This will be the first real expressway in the state, which will be around the existing Ormanjhi-Sikidari-Gola, Bokaro road, but will be completely different. Work is being done on this under greenfield project.
- NHAI has prepared an action plan to make this important expressway. About one km before Pudang toll plaza at Ormanjhi, Ranchi, this road will turn towards Sikidari-Gola and will also connect with Sikidiri Road.
- This road will be constructed from near Jainmore in Bokaro, which will go towards Gola. The road will also have a service lane. Rest houses will also be built on this road for the drivers of big goods vehicles. With the construction of the expressway, heavy vehicle drivers as well as those taking private vehicles will get the option of walking on better roads.
- This will also reduce the burden of vehicles on Ormanjhi, Sikidiri-Gola-Bokaro road and people will be able to travel on a good road by paying toll.
Why in News
- On January 15, 2022, the Chhattisgarh State Government has decided to form Chhattisgarh Rozgar Mission headed by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel to create 12 to 15 lakh new employment opportunities in the state in the next five years.
- State Chief Secretary Amitabh Jain will be its Vice President and Principal Secretary Alok Shukla will be the Chief Executive Officer of the mission. Various senior officers including the Managing Director of the Minor Forest Produce Association will be its members.
- Other members of the mission will be Director Industries, Director Technical Education, Employment and Training, Director Fisheries, Managing Director Village Industries, Hand Crafts Development Board, Khadi Board, Managing Director State Rural Livelihood Mission, Chief Executive Officer Godhan Nyay Mission.
- Through the mission, coordination of the above new programs will be established with the skill development programs conducted in urban and rural areas. Also, the expertise of other institutes like IITs, Triple IT, IIMs, NITs located in the state will be leveraged to create new employment opportunities.
- In the last 3 years, many innovative programs have been started in the state with the objective of promoting employment in all the districts, which have created a large number of permanent employment opportunities and have improved the income and standard of living of the people.
- With the initiative of Chhattisgarh Herbals, effective implementation of programs like Godhan Nyay Mission, Tea-Coffee Board, giving agricultural status to pisciculture and lac production, rural industrial park, millet mission, etc., have unlimited potential to create new employment opportunities in the state.
Why in News
- On January 15, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Panchayat and Rural Development Minister TS Singhdev launched the e-Panchayat Chhattisgarh web portal prepared by the Panchayat Department. This portal is mainly designed to work on four modules.
- While launching the web portal, the Panchayat and Rural Development Minister said that e-Panchayat Chhattisgarh web portal would prove to be effective in making the state digitally empowered in the field of e-governance. With this the state will move in the direction of political-social empowerment. It will also help in achieving the objectives of Panchayati Raj.
- Significantly, there are more than 11,000 gram panchayats in Chhattisgarh. In such a situation, the e-Panchayat Chhattisgarh web portal prepared by the Panchayat Department will act as a platform for better implementation, evaluation, monitoring and training of state and central government schemes with transparency.
- Through this portal, four modules will be available for broadcasting of learning videos by the Panchayat Department, salary payment of Gram Panchayat Secretaries, survey and data revision, as well as compilation and maintenance of documents related to departmental orders, notifications and acts.
- Through the portal, the Human Resource Management System software of the Panchayat Department will pay the salaries of Panchayat Secretaries working in Gram Panchayats across the state online. The Learning Management System will broadcast the learning videos related to Panchayati Raj Institutions issued by the State and Central Government.
- Knowledge Management System for compilation of documents related to departmental orders, notifications and acts and survey module for compilation of basic information on first 100 points of Gram Sabha in Gram Panchayats has also been developed by the Directorate of Panchayats.
Why in News
- Recently, according to the information received from the officials of Markfed, Janjgir-Champa district is the topper in the state in the matter of depositing rice in CMR. A total of 1,01,277 MT rice has been deposited in the district under CMR in non-central-non state and FCI.
- According to the information, 285 rice millers have lifted paddy from procurement centers in Janjgir-Champa district. DO of 3,96,313 metric tonnes of paddy has been issued to these millers. Also, transport orders have been issued for 1,20,163 MT.
- In Janjgir-Champa district, 10515 MT in Non Central, 9375 MT in Non State, 80,785 MT in FCI, thus totaling 1,01,277 MT rice has been deposited.
- Similarly, Dhamtari district ranks second in terms of depositing rice in CMR. In Dhamtari district, 16,722 MT in Non Central, 15,868 MT in Non State and 49,414 MT in FCI, thus totaling 82 thousand 03 MT rice has been deposited.
- Raipur district ranks third in terms of depositing rice in CMR. In Raipur district, 2885 MT in Non Central, 2738 MT in Non State and 75373 MT in FCI, thus totaling 80,996 MT rice has been deposited.
Switch to Hindi