Why in News
- On January 16, 2022, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that 75 percent job reservation law has been implemented in the state from January 15. Now the youth of the state will be given priority for jobs in all the private sector companies, institutions, trusts, societies and industries established in the state.
- With the implementation of this system, new avenues of employment in the private sector will open for lakhs of youth of the state.
- A dedicated portal with a helpline number has also been created by the Labor Department in this regard. Companies will have to indicate their vacancy on the portal, which will be continuously monitored by the government.
- The 'Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020', which provides for 75 per cent reservation to local youth, applies to private sector companies, societies, trusts, limited liability partnership firms, partnership firms and any person employing 10 or more persons. Applies to persons who, for the purpose of manufacturing, carrying on business or rendering any service in the State, pay wages, wages or other remuneration.
- It is now mandatory for all these employers to pay gross monthly salary or remuneration not exceeding Rs 30,000 to all their employees on the designated HUM portal.
- The Haryana State Local Candidates Employment Rules, 2021 issued by the state government has made it mandatory for private employers in the state to submit a quarterly report regarding compliance with the 75 percent reservation law.
- Time-limits have also been prescribed in the rules for the officers authorized to the State Government to redress the grievances of local candidates and to provide relaxation to the employers under the law.
Switch to Hindi