Why in News
- On January 17, 2022, Haryana Government appointed Renu Bhatia of NIT Faridabad as the Chairperson of the State Commission for Women. He has been appointed for three years.
- G Anupama, Principal Secretary, Women and Child Development Department, issued the order of his appointment. With this appointment, the post of the Chairperson of the Women's Commission, which has been lying vacant for a year, has been filled.
- Earlier, Preeti Bhardwaj, Vice-Chairman of the Commission was handling the charge of the Chairperson of the Women's Commission. Preeti Bhardwaj has been re-appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the State Commission for Women and her tenure has been extended by one year. The terms and conditions of appointment to both the posts will be issued later.
- Renu Bhatia is BJP leader and resident of Faridabad. She has been active in BJP for a long time and she has also been the Deputy Mayor of Faridabad Municipal Corporation.
- After Pratibha Suman, former chairman of the state commission, Preeti Bhardwaj took over as the working president. She took suo motu action in many cases, including the case of violation of women's rights in the protests of the opposition during the assembly session.
Switch to Hindi