MoU Signed Between Banasthali Vidyapeeth and RCAT in the Program organized on International Women's Day
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, at the event organized by Rajiv Gandhi Center for Advanced Technology (RCAT) on International Women's Day, an MoU was signed between RCAT and Banasthali Vidyapith, under which RCAT will provide training to students and teachers of Banasthali in the field of advanced technology and provide support to students interested in working in the field of advanced technology with its industrial partners.
- A graphic designing course for rural and self-help group women was also launched by RCAT's industrial partner computer software company Adobe.
- On this occasion, Chief Secretary Usha Sharma said that health remarkable work has been done in the fields of education, security, IT etc. in Rajasthan. Mahatma Gandhi English Secondary School, IM Shatti Udaan Scheme and free check-up and medicine scheme related to women's health by the state government are examples all over the country.
- The Chief Secretary informed that Rajasthan is making unprecedented progress in the field of IT. The state's Jan Aadhaar Scheme, Incubation Center, Data Center etc. are typical examples of this, which the whole country is proud of. RCAT has emerged as the best finishing school by signing MoU's with high-end companies.
- Speaking on the occasion, Information and Technology Commissioner and RCAT MD Ashish Gupta said that RCAT 70 conducts courses in more than areas of robotics, blockchain etc. and soon RCAT will be started in every divisional headquarters.
- RCAT Executive Director Jyoti Luhadiya informed that RCAT is providing opportunities to engineering students as well as general graduates, women. Companies like Microsoft, Apple will also be associated with RCAT in the upcoming sessions.
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot the 'Mukhyamantri Anuprati Coaching Scheme' approved the proposal to increase the number of beneficiaries under 15 thousand to from 30 thousand. For this scheme, the Chief Minister has approved a financial provision of Rs 56.40 crore.
- With this decision of the Chief Minister, the economically weaker students of the state will get opportunities to get free quality coaching to prepare for various professional courses and competitive examinations.
- It is noteworthy that this scheme was started with the aim of providing free preparation for professional courses and competitive examinations to the students with weak economic background of the state.
- Seeing the success of the scheme as expected, the number of beneficiaries was increased from 10 thousand to 15 thousand in the budget of the financial year 2022-23, which has been increased to 30 thousand in the budget of the financial year 2023-24.
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, Principal Secretary, Agriculture and Horticulture, Dinesh Kumar informed that Rajasthan Millets Conclave will be organized in the state on March 13 and 14, 2023 at the State Institute of Agricultural Management, Durgapur, Jaipur under the International Year of Millets.
- Principal Government Secretary, Agriculture and Horticulture Dinesh Kumar said that this event is being organized with the cooperation of millets producers, agribusinessmen, startups, FPOs, voluntary organizations, agricultural scientists and agricultural officials. More than 100 stalls of millets startup and agro processing will be set up in this conclave.
- Secretary Dinesh Kumar said that Rajasthan has the first place in the country in terms of area and production of millet. Rajasthan's share in millet area in the country is 57.10 percent and share in production is 41.71 percent. Similarly, the state ranks third in the area and production of jowar in the country.
- He said that Rajasthan millets the year 2022-23 to encourage millets in Rajasthan mission was announced by the Chief Minister in the budget for, under which several strategies are being adopted to encourage millet and jowar cultivation, increase production, promote domestic consumption and promote main promotion.
- Under this, seed minikilt's have been distributed. Also, a Centre of Millets Excellence has been set up in Jodhpur for increase in production, post-harvest management and value addition.
- Principal Secretary said that in order to increase the consumption of millets, an action plan has been made to organize year-round events throughout the state under the International Millets Year to publicize its health benefits and popularize the products of millets.
- He informed that state-level seminars on nutritional importance of millets and conclave on agro-processing are being organized, in which concrete strategy is being developed through dialogue between millets producers, agricultural businessmen, startups, FPOs, voluntary organizations, agricultural scientists and officials. Is.
- It is noteworthy that the year 2023 declared by the United Nations General Assembly is being celebrated as the International Year of Millets. Under this, the general public will be made aware about the nutritional value and health benefits of various millets like Bajra, Jowar, Ragi, Kodo, Kutki and Sawa. Along with this, their production, productivity and marketing opportunities will be encouraged.
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to organize International Rajasthani Conclave in Jaipur on September 23-24, 2023. The Chief Minister has also approved the proposal for an additional budget provision of Rs 5 crore for this mega event to be held under the auspices of the Industries Department and Rajasthan Foundation.
- The Chief Minister had announced to organize international Rajasthani Conclave in the budget for the year 2023-24 with the aim of uniting migrant Rajasthani's.
- In this two-day conclave to be held in September, interesting sessions will be organized on subjects like Rajasthani pride, literature, business, tradition, music, art, culture, social welfare, enterprise, food and entertainment etc.
- It will include a special session on entrepreneurship and investment opportunities. Overseas entrepreneurs from all over the world will participate in it. The Pravasi Samman Award announced in the NRR policy will also be launched in this conclave.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2000, realizing the importance of Rajasthani diaspora, the International Rajasthani Conclave was organized for the first time under the leadership of Chief Minister Gehlot. To organize an international conference only for its diaspora was a unique initiative for the Central Government or any State Government at that time. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was organized by the Government of India on the same lines in the year 2003. Other states have also adopted this model.
- In the last three years, the role of Rajasthan Foundation has been very important in strengthening the relationship with the Pravasi Rajasthani's. The Foundation has been regularly organizing various programs to connect the migrant Rajasthani's with their motherland. Even during the Kovid epidemic and the Russia-Ukraine war, Rajasthan Foundation played a big role in helping the migrants.
Switch to Hindi