Switch To Hindi
Approval of Proposal to organize International Rajasthani Conclave in Jaipur
- 10 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to organize International Rajasthani Conclave in Jaipur on September 23-24, 2023. The Chief Minister has also approved the proposal for an additional budget provision of Rs 5 crore for this mega event to be held under the auspices of the Industries Department and Rajasthan Foundation.
- The Chief Minister had announced to organize international Rajasthani Conclave in the budget for the year 2023-24 with the aim of uniting migrant Rajasthani's.
- In this two-day conclave to be held in September, interesting sessions will be organized on subjects like Rajasthani pride, literature, business, tradition, music, art, culture, social welfare, enterprise, food and entertainment etc.
- It will include a special session on entrepreneurship and investment opportunities. Overseas entrepreneurs from all over the world will participate in it. The Pravasi Samman Award announced in the NRR policy will also be launched in this conclave.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2000, realizing the importance of Rajasthani diaspora, the International Rajasthani Conclave was organized for the first time under the leadership of Chief Minister Gehlot. To organize an international conference only for its diaspora was a unique initiative for the Central Government or any State Government at that time. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was organized by the Government of India on the same lines in the year 2003. Other states have also adopted this model.
- In the last three years, the role of Rajasthan Foundation has been very important in strengthening the relationship with the Pravasi Rajasthani's. The Foundation has been regularly organizing various programs to connect the migrant Rajasthani's with their motherland. Even during the Kovid epidemic and the Russia-Ukraine war, Rajasthan Foundation played a big role in helping the migrants.