Rajasthan Millets Conclave 2023 organized under International Year of Millets
- 10 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On March 9, 2023, Principal Secretary, Agriculture and Horticulture, Dinesh Kumar informed that Rajasthan Millets Conclave will be organized in the state on March 13 and 14, 2023 at the State Institute of Agricultural Management, Durgapur, Jaipur under the International Year of Millets.
- Principal Government Secretary, Agriculture and Horticulture Dinesh Kumar said that this event is being organized with the cooperation of millets producers, agribusinessmen, startups, FPOs, voluntary organizations, agricultural scientists and agricultural officials. More than 100 stalls of millets startup and agro processing will be set up in this conclave.
- Secretary Dinesh Kumar said that Rajasthan has the first place in the country in terms of area and production of millet. Rajasthan's share in millet area in the country is 57.10 percent and share in production is 41.71 percent. Similarly, the state ranks third in the area and production of jowar in the country.
- He said that Rajasthan millets the year 2022-23 to encourage millets in Rajasthan mission was announced by the Chief Minister in the budget for, under which several strategies are being adopted to encourage millet and jowar cultivation, increase production, promote domestic consumption and promote main promotion.
- Under this, seed minikilt's have been distributed. Also, a Centre of Millets Excellence has been set up in Jodhpur for increase in production, post-harvest management and value addition.
- Principal Secretary said that in order to increase the consumption of millets, an action plan has been made to organize year-round events throughout the state under the International Millets Year to publicize its health benefits and popularize the products of millets.
- He informed that state-level seminars on nutritional importance of millets and conclave on agro-processing are being organized, in which concrete strategy is being developed through dialogue between millets producers, agricultural businessmen, startups, FPOs, voluntary organizations, agricultural scientists and officials. Is.
- It is noteworthy that the year 2023 declared by the United Nations General Assembly is being celebrated as the International Year of Millets. Under this, the general public will be made aware about the nutritional value and health benefits of various millets like Bajra, Jowar, Ragi, Kodo, Kutki and Sawa. Along with this, their production, productivity and marketing opportunities will be encouraged.