Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of Maa Shakumbhari University in Punwarka village of Saharanpur district. State Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was also present on the occasion.
- Maa Shakumbhari University will be established in a total area of 50.43 acres and the construction work will be completed in 18 months.
- In the first phase, approval has been given for construction works costing Rs 92.04 crore for the construction of administrative building, academic building, hostel, residential building etc. The Public Works Department has been made the executive body for the construction works of this university.
- All three districts of Saharanpur division, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur and Shamli have been included under the jurisdiction of Maa Shakumbhari University.
- 264 colleges of these three districts have been affiliated to this university. With the establishment of the university, the students of Saharanpur division will be able to get better facilities of higher education at the nearest place.
Why in News
- Recently, international shooter and BJP MLA from Jamui assembly seat of Bihar Shreyasi Singh won gold medal in 64th National Shooting Championship held in Patiala.
- The 64th National Shooting Championship is being organized in Patiala, Punjab from November 22, 2021, which will run till December 14, 2021.
- Jamui MLA and shooter Shreyasi Singh also participated in this competition, she achieved this feat in the women's clay pigeon trap shooting event.
- Shreyasi Singh also won a gold medal for Bihar in the shotgun event of the 63rd National Shooting Championship held in the year 2019.
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Dr. Shiv Singh Rathod has been appointed as the Acting Chairman of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
- Dr Shiv Singh Rathod is the youngest person to discharge the responsibility of the post of President. Appointed as a member on January 30, 2016, Dr. Rathod was also the youngest member of the commission.
- Since his appointment in the Commission, Dr. Rathod has played an important role in promoting various innovations and promotion of the examination system.
- Played an important role in the development of on-screen marking systems. This system was also appreciated by the heads of various commissions of the country.
Why in News
- Recently, for the first time in Madhya Pradesh, the Home Department has allowed a woman to undergo a gender change.
- This female constable had sought permission to change gender to become a man. Those who have been given permission by the Director General of Police to get the gender changed.
- National level psychiatrists have confirmed that the female constable has had gender identity disorder since childhood.
- Women constables have done police work like men in their district. Also duly applied and submitted an affidavit.
- The notification of intention to change gender was published in the Gazette of India in 2019. Only after this the application was sent to the Police Headquarters. The Police Headquarters had sought permission from the Home Department on this application.
- The Law Department, in its advisory to the Home Department, had said that Indian citizens have the freedom to choose their gender regardless of their religion or caste. After this Anita has no problem in allowing gender change.
- Five years ago, 29-year-old lady constable Lalita Salve from Beed had sought permission to change the gender. It was the first case in the country. After removing all the legal hurdles, she became Lalit Salve from Lalita Salve.
- Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Dysphoria is a condition in which a person feels that their natural gender does not match their gender identity.
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has formed 'Milkha Singh Adventure Sports Club' in the name of sprinter Milkha Singh, popularly known as Flying Sikh, to promote adventure sports and allied tourism activities in a big way.
- The club has been established under the existing Haryana Academy of Adventure Sports (a registered society). Its objective is to initiate, promote and develop adventure sports in the state along with creation of training facilities and quality infrastructure for adventure sports.
- In June, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had announced plans to promote adventure sports and form a club named after Flying Sikh Milkha Singh.
- According to the notification issued by AK Singh, Principal Secretary, Sports and Youth Affairs, Haryana, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister will be the chairman of the club's managing committee, while the administrative secretary of the department will be its vice-president. The 11-member committee will also have administrative secretaries of tourism, forest and wildlife departments, civil aviation departments to ensure coordination between the departments concerned to promote adventure sports activities in the state.
- The club will set up adventure sports training centres, academies, satellite centres, base camps etc and coordinate with such institutions in the country and abroad and will collaborate with National Adventure Club (India), India Mountaineering Foundation among other such organisations.
Why in News
- Recently the management of Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) located in Jharkhand has launched 'Project Kavach' to change the safety culture with the aim of improving the safety performance at the plant level.
- BSL has appointed a reputed Security Consultant 'ASK-EHS Engineering & Consultants Pvt Ltd' to facilitate, conduct and provide training on a road map for successfully achieving the 'Safety Cultural Transformation'.
- This major security initiative cum cultural campaign has been named 'Project Kavach' by BSL.
- The overall objective of Project Kavach is to reduce workplace hazards through safe behavior by all employees and contract employees. Safe behavior is the most effective 'armor' against hazards and risks at the workplace.
- Bokaro Steel Plant is the fourth steel plant in the public sector. It was started in 1965 in collaboration with the Soviet Union.
- It was initially incorporated as a limited company on 29 January 1964 and later merged with SAIL. It was first a subsidiary of SAIL and later a unit under the Public Sector Iron and Steel Companies (Reorganization and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1978. The construction work of the factory started on 6th April, 1968.
- This factory is famous as the country's first indigenous steel factory. Most of the equipment, equipment and technical skills are indigenous.
- The first phase of the 1.7 million ton steel ingot of the factory started on 2 October 1972 with the commissioning of the first blast furnace and the construction work was completed on 26 February 1978 with the commissioning of the third blast furnace.
- All the 4 million ton stage units have been commissioned and modernization in the 1990s has increased the factory's capacity to 4.5 million ton liquid steel.
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched our 'Apna Budget Portal' and mobile app prepared by the Finance Department from the Chief Minister's Housing Office.
- Through this portal, the general public of the state will be able to share their valuable suggestions for the budget of 2022-23.
- To make suggestions to the government, one has to login to https://finance.jharkhand.gov.in/budgetvichar and register himself on the 'Hamara Apna Budget Portal'.
- After entering your mobile number and e-mail (optional) in the space provided on the home page, click to generate OTP. OTP can be ordered by e-mail or mobile at any time as per one's convenience. A registration page will be entered after entering the OTP received on the mobile and the captcha code shown in its place.
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, the State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority, Chhattisgarh (Authority, Chhattisgarh) was constituted by the Government of India.
- For its formation, a notification was issued by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India on November 23, 2021. In this regard, a proposal was sent by the State Government to the Central Government, which was accepted by the Central Government.
- Under the issued notification, former head and chief conservator of forests, Chhattisgarh Forest Department, Devashish Das has been made the chairman of the authority, Chhattisgarh. Similarly, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Nagarjuna Postgraduate Science College, Raipur Dr. Deepak Sinha has been made a member. Apart from this, Chhattisgarh Environment Protection Board, Nava Raipur Atal Nagar will be its member-secretary.
- Similarly, for the purpose of assisting the Authority, Chhattisgarh, State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC) Chhattisgarh has been constituted by the Government of India in consultation with the State Government of Chhattisgarh.
- This authority will take its decision on the recommendations of Chhattisgarh State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC, Chhattisgarh).
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the National Saras Mela-2021 at Gandhi Maidan, Rudrapur in the state.
- Saras Mela has been organized with the aim of empowering women and giving market to the goods produced by Self Help Groups.
- Organized by the Department of Rural Development, this fair will run till December 10.
- In this fair, a package of Rs 119 crore was given by the state government under the National Livelihood Mission to those women groups, who have some skill or the other.
- The Chief Minister has given instructions to the banks to provide loans expeditiously for self-employment and increase in the economic resources of the state.
- The Chief Minister informed that various employment schemes are being run to provide employment and self-employment opportunities.
Switch to Hindi