Why in News
On December 1, 2021, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has given approval to increase the number of Chiranjeevi Mitras and their services till March 31, 2022, in line with the increase in the number of empaneled hospitals under the Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The Chief Minister has also decided to give Rs 500 per month as mobile charge to Chiranjeevi friends keeping in view the need of communication medium in their works.
- Under this scheme, help desks are set up in empaneled private hospitals to help patients and their families. In these help desks, the services of Covid assistants are being taken as Chiranjeevi Mitra.
- Chiranjeevi Mitra assists patients and their families in getting referral to other affiliated hospitals in case of non-availability of necessary packages related to treatment in empaneled hospitals, besides providing information and guidance about the scheme.
Why in News
On December 1, 2021, the first local roadshow of the Investors' Summit 'Invest Rajasthan-2022' proposed in the coming January (organised by the Government of Rajasthan) was held in Delhi.
- In the first local road show, the Rajasthan government was successful in getting the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) worth Rs 68,698 crore and the letter of intent (LoI) worth Rs 10,099 crore signed.
- This investment is proposed in the units established in Ghiloth, Bhiwadi, Neemrana, Jaipur, Udaipur, Alwar and many other districts of the state. Here, special sectoral zones have been developed by RIICO over the years.
- On this occasion, some leading investment groups have expressed their intention to set up mega projects in the state.
- Industries and Commerce Minister Shakuntala Rawat said on the occasion that the state government has given impetus to industrial development by creating a policy regulatory mechanism. RIPS-2019 Incentive Scheme, MSME Act, Single Window Scheme (Single Window System) and One Stop Shop (OSS) are our initiatives which have simplified and simplified the process of investment.
- Invest Rajasthan Road Show is a unique event as it is the first such event after the Corona pandemic, in which 28 more road shows are being organized in different districts and states before Invest Rajasthan-2022.
- For the first time, the State Government has emphasized not only on signing of MoUs/LoIs but also on foundation stone laying and inauguration of projects of investors. The District Collector will sign the MoU for the first time. Similarly, each department will sign the respective MoU with their respective department on their appointed day.
Why in News
Shweta Nema, who participated as a participant of the Madhya Pradesh team in the 3rd National Masters Championship held at the Sports Stadium of Dr. Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi from November 27-30, won one gold, one silver and two bronze medals.
- In this Masters Athletics Championship held in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Shweta won gold in 400 meters race, silver in race walk and bronze in 400 × 4 relay and second bronze in 100 × 4 relay race.
- In this 4-day 3rd National Masters Athletics Championships, only participants above 30 years of age from across the country participated in the Masters Athletics Championships.
- Shweta is a PhD researcher in the Department of Yoga and Ayurveda in the University. Shweta Nema recently created a Guinness record for doing yoga in turtle pose at SATI College, Vidisha. Shweta gives free yogasana training to the people of Vidisha and Raisen.
Why in News
Haryana team stood first with better performance in the 3rd National Masters Athletics Championship held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh from 27-30 November.
- 228 male and 46 female players participated in this competition from Haryana. The Haryana team was led by Mahavir Talian, General Secretary, Masters Athletes Association.
- Among the winners, Dharamchand Ghoghadipur bagged 3 gold and 7 silver medals in the 85 plus age group. Similarly, in 70 plus age group, Omprakash got gold and silver, in 68 plus age group Mahavir Talian got silver and bronze, 65 plus age group Joginder Singh got silver, in 60 plus age group Shyam Singh Narwal got gold, in 55 plus age group Mahabir Singh won, in 50 plus age group, Salindra Singh has won silver, Jitendra Singh Commando has won bronze, Rajesh Kumar Khanna has won silver and bronze medals.
Why in News
Indian Border Security Force Training Center and School Meru Camp celebrated 57th Raising Day of BSF at Hazaribagh, Jharkhand on December 1, 2021.
- The Governor said that it is a matter of pride for all that the Border Security Force is working continuously in the service of the country as a paramilitary force since December 1, 1965. Shri KF Rustamji was its first chief and founder. Shri Pankaj Kumar Singh is presently Director General of Border Security Force
- The Border Security Force was formed in 1965 with a total of 25 battalions and over time the Border Security Force continued to expand to prevent terrorism in Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, North-East.
- At present, 192 Battalions of the Border Security Force (including 3 NDRF Battalions) and 7 Arty Regiments are deployed in the security of the International Border of India-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh.
- Apart from this, the Border Security Force is deployed in infiltration in the Kashmir Valley, internal security in the North-East region, anti-Naxal operations in Odisha and Chhattisgarh and integrated check posts on the India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh International Border.
Why in News
On November 30, 2021, the Health and Family Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh informed that as per the guidelines of the Central Government, help desks will be set up at all the three airports of the state - Raipur, Bilaspur and Jagdalpur for screening 'Omicron'.
- The help desk will seek information from persons coming from abroad for COVID-19 test, vaccination, quarantine and symptoms of corona.
- This is part of surveillance and wider precautions in view of the new version of the coronavirus 'Omicron' found in South Africa.
- Persons who have not completed the seven-day quarantine period after coming to India will be asked to ensure seven-day home quarantine.
- He will undergo a Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test on the eighth day. If the test comes back positive, the sample will be sent for whole genome sequencing (WGS).
Why in News
Recently, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of Rs 938 crore for the Uttarakhand Integrated and Resilient Urban Development Project (drinking water line and sewer works).
- Under the Uttarakhand Integrated and Resilient Urban Development Project, a drinking water line of about 136 km will be laid in the southern part of Dehradun, which will make the way for about 40 thousand people to get drinking water easier.
- Under this project, water meters will also be installed in 5400 hours.
- Dehradun has 256 km of underground sewer network and 117 km. Rain water network will be prepared, which will provide relief to 1 lakh 38 thousand people of 17 thousand 410 houses in this district.
- With this project of ADB, for the first time, computerized maintenance and management systems will be installed in Dehradun and Nainital, which will work by dividing these districts into four parts, so that management and maintenance can be done faster.
Switch to Hindi