Why in News
- On November 30, 2021, the Technical Service Commission Amendment Bill was passed by the Bihar Legislative Assembly, in which the tenure of the chairman of the commission has been changed.
- According to the amendment bill, now the tenure of the Chairman of the Technical Services Commission has been reduced to 3 years or till the maximum age of 70 years.
- Presenting the bill in the House, Minister Vijendra Yadav said that according to the provision till now, there was a compulsion of experience for appointment in this commission, which has been abolished in this amendment bill.
- According to the amended Bill, if for any reason the post of the Chairperson in the Commission falls vacant, the senior-most member of the Commission shall be the Chairperson.
- It may be noted that earlier the name of this commission was Bihar Technical Staff Selection Commission, but in the year 2018 under an amendment, it was named as Bihar Technical Service Commission.
Switch to Hindi