Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of Maa Shakumbhari University in Punwarka village of Saharanpur district. State Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was also present on the occasion.
- Maa Shakumbhari University will be established in a total area of 50.43 acres and the construction work will be completed in 18 months.
- In the first phase, approval has been given for construction works costing Rs 92.04 crore for the construction of administrative building, academic building, hostel, residential building etc. The Public Works Department has been made the executive body for the construction works of this university.
- All three districts of Saharanpur division, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur and Shamli have been included under the jurisdiction of Maa Shakumbhari University.
- 264 colleges of these three districts have been affiliated to this university. With the establishment of the university, the students of Saharanpur division will be able to get better facilities of higher education at the nearest place.
Switch to Hindi