Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, the State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority, Chhattisgarh (Authority, Chhattisgarh) was constituted by the Government of India.
- For its formation, a notification was issued by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India on November 23, 2021. In this regard, a proposal was sent by the State Government to the Central Government, which was accepted by the Central Government.
- Under the issued notification, former head and chief conservator of forests, Chhattisgarh Forest Department, Devashish Das has been made the chairman of the authority, Chhattisgarh. Similarly, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Nagarjuna Postgraduate Science College, Raipur Dr. Deepak Sinha has been made a member. Apart from this, Chhattisgarh Environment Protection Board, Nava Raipur Atal Nagar will be its member-secretary.
- Similarly, for the purpose of assisting the Authority, Chhattisgarh, State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC) Chhattisgarh has been constituted by the Government of India in consultation with the State Government of Chhattisgarh.
- This authority will take its decision on the recommendations of Chhattisgarh State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC, Chhattisgarh).
Switch to Hindi