- 06 Jun 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the iCommit initiative was launched on the occasion of the World Environment day (5th June).
- The initiative is driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- iCommit initiative is centred around the idea of building an energy resilient future.
- It is a clarion call to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
- The prerequisite for this goal is to create a flexible and agile power system.
- A healthy power sector can help the nation in meeting the objective of energy access and security for all.
- It seeks to bring together a diverse spectrum of government and private players to build a new energy future for India.
- The initiative will also celebrate and promote key undertakings of Government of India such as:
- National Electric Mobility Mission 2020,
- FAME 1 and 2,
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana,
- Saubhagya Scheme,
- Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna (UDAY),
- Atal Distribution system Improvement Yojna (AJAY),
- Smart Meter National Programme,
- Pradhanmantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Maha abhiyan (KUSUM),
- Solar Parks, Grid Connected Rooftop,
- UnnatJyoti by Affordable LED for All (UJALA), amongst others.