International Conference on Electric Mobility
- 24 Jul 2019
- 2 min read
In order to discuss the various challenges and opportunities in creating an ecosystem for electric vehicles, the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is organizing an International Conference on “Electric Mobility: Challenges and Opportunities” on 26th July, 2019 in New Delhi.
- The global automotive industry is at the cusp of a paradigm shift from internal combustion engine vehicles to zero emission vehicles.
- India, too, is actively going ahead for cost effective and viable solutions to the problem of poor air quality in a number of its cities.
- The country has announced a significant shift to an all electric public fleet by 2030, necessitating attention and action by players across sectors including automobile, power and utilities, oil and gas, etc.
- The Conference would bring together all concerned groups and stakeholders of various segments of Electric vehicle Industry to a common platform to discuss and explore the future opportunities and creating and ecosystem for Electric Mobility.
Major Focus Areas of the Conference
- Central and State level policy framework on EV adoption in India
- Roadmap for achieving the target of FAME-II policy
- Indian EV market and key trends
- Assessment of manufacturing ecosystem etc.
ASSOCHAM as a Knowledge Chamber, initiated its endeavour of value creation for Indian industry in 1920.
- Having in its fold more than 300 Chambers and Trade Associations, and serving more than 4 lakh members from all over India.
- It has contributed significantly in shaping up the Trade, Commerce and Industrial environment of the country.
- Not only large industry and trade but also small and medium industrial enterprises, engaged in agriculture and transport, as well as professional bodies and several new industry associations have entered ASSOCHAM's fold.