Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 5 only
- 20 Mar 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
OpenAI has recently launched its ChatGPT Plus subscription for Indian users, providing them with early access to the latest language model GPT-4.
- This move comes at a time when tech giants are competing to offer the best generative AI to the customers.
How is GPT 4 Different from Other Previous Models?
- According to OpenAI, GPT-4 is more advanced than its predecessors when it comes to creativity, visual comprehension and context.
- It also possesses the ability to collaborate with users on various creative projects, including music, screenplays, technical writing, etc.
- It can process up to 25,000 words of text and facilitate extended conversations.
- GPT-4 can encompass more than just text – it also accepts images as input.
- On the contrary, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5 only operated in one modality, text, allowing users only to ask questions by typing them out.
- GPT-4 is more multilingual and OpenAI has demonstrated that it outperforms GPT-3.5 and other Large Language Models (LLMs) by accurately answering thousands of multiple-choice across 26 languages.
- It handles English best with an 85.5% accuracy, but Indian languages like Telugu aren’t too far behind either, at 71.4%.
What is ChatGPT?
- ChatGPT is a variant of GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) which is a large-scale neural network-based language model developed by OpenAI.
- GPT models are trained on vast amounts of text data to generate human-like text.
- It can generate responses to a wide range of topics, such as answering questions, providing explanations, and engaging in conversations.
- In addition to being able to "admit its mistakes, challenge false premises, and refuse unsuitable requests," the ChatGPT can also "answer follow-up questions."
- The chatbot was also trained using Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF).
UPSC Civil Services Examination, Previous Year Question (PYQ)
Q1. With the present state of development, Artificial Intelligence can effectively do which of the following? (2020)
- Bring down electricity consumption in industrial units
- Create meaningful short stories and songs
- Disease diagnosis
- Text-to-Speech Conversion
- Wireless transmission of electrical energy
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 5 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2, 4 and 5 only
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5