Important Facts For Prelims
Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center
- 20 Oct 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the NITI Aayog and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC), the first of its kind in India.
- AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon, multinational tech and online-shopping giant.
- It provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and Application Programming Interfaces (API) to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.
- CIC is part of the AWS CIC Global Program, which provides an opportunity for government agencies, nonprofits and educational institutions, to come together on pressing challenges, apply design thinking, test new ideas, and access the technical expertise of AWS.
- Frontier Technologies CIC will identify and prioritise projects as well as collaborate with local leaders, including subject matter experts at the state and district levels, to solve critical challenges.
- Local enterprises, start-ups, researchers, and universities in India can experiment and build prototypes on AWS Cloud.
- It is aligned to the visions of Aatmanirbhar Bharat Mission and the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Aims of Frontier Technologies CIC:
- To address societal challenges through digital innovation.
- To enable budding innovators and start-ups and help in piloting state-of-the-art, cloud-centric digital innovations by leveraging emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, etc.
- To identify and deploy leading-edge technologies to drive continuous innovation in delivering citizen services.