Important Facts For Prelims
Bharat Parv 2023
- 30 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
Government of India is organising the six-day mega event “Bharat Parv” event from January 26-31, 2023, as part of the Republic Day celebrations.
- Bharat Parv started in 2016 and has been held annually at the lawns and Gyan Path in front of Red Fort until 2020. In 2021, it was held virtually.
What are the Key Points Related to Bharat Parv?
- The Ministry of Tourism has been designated as the nodal ministry for the event.
- The event includes a food festival, a handicraft mela, folk and tribal dance performances, cultural troupe performances, a display of Republic Day tableaux, and the illumination of the Red Fort, among other things.
- Branding and promotion of Dekho Apna Desh, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, G20 and Mission LIFE would be undertaken during the event.
- The program is a way to celebrate India’s unity in diversity and to make India a hub of civilization, culture, spirituality and inheritance in the next 25 years of Amrit Kaal.
- The event is also promoting Vocal for Local motto as many artisans across the country are also taking part in this.
- Dekho Apna Desh: The Ministry of Tourism launched the ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ initiative in January 2020 with the objective of creating awareness among the citizens about the rich heritage and culture of the country and encouraging citizens to travel within the country.
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat: It was launched in 2015 to promote engagement amongst the people of different States/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- G20: India has assumed the charge of the G20 presidency.
- The G20 was formed in 1999 in the backdrop of the financial crisis of the late 1990s that hit East Asia and Southeast Asia in particular. It aims to secure global financial stability by involving middle-income countries.
- LiFE: The idea of LiFE was introduced by India during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow in 2021.
- The idea promotes an environmentally conscious lifestyle that focuses on ‘mindful and deliberate utilisation’ instead of ‘mindless and wasteful consumption.