Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat
- 21 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
Recently, Government of India has announced a month-long programme named the ‘Kashi-Tamil Sangamam’ “to strengthen” and “rekindle” the cultural and civilisational bond between Tamil Nadu and Varanasi.
- This programme would be a part of the Ek Bharat Sreshtha Bharat initiative.
What is Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat?
- Launched: It was launched in 2015 to promote engagement amongst the people of different States/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- Ministry Involved: It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education.
- Activities Under the Scheme: Every State and UT in the country would be paired with another State/UT for a time period, during which they would carry out a structured engagement with one another in the spheres of language, literature, cuisine, festivals, cultural events, tourism etc.
- Create the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country.
- Promote the Spirit of National Integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States.
- Showcase the rich Heritage and Culture, Customs and Traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- Establish long-term Engagements.
- Create an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.