- 03 Oct 2019
- 2 min read
The Ministry of Tourism inaugurated the nationwide Paryatan Parv-2019 to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. It will be held across the country from 2nd to 13th October 2019.
- The underlying idea behind ‘Paryatan Parv’ is to propagate the message of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’, with the objective to encourage Indians to visit various tourist destinations of the country focusing on the benefits of tourism, and showcasing the cultural diversity of the country. It also aims to spread the message of ‘Tourism for All’.
- The Tourism minister highlighted that sustained efforts to promote tourism has helped to improve our world tourism ranking, which has jumped from 65th in 2013 to 34th position in 2019.
- The ranking was published in the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report- 2019 released by the World Economic Forum.
- According to him, the aim to double the number of tourists will be achieved much before the set target of 2022.
Three Components of Paryatan Parv
- Dekho Apna Desh: To encourage Indians to travel their own country. In the run-up to the Parv, several activities are organized across the country like photography contest, promotion on social media, tourism related quiz, Essay, etc. General public engagement for the event is promoted through the MyGov platform.
- Tourism for All: Tourism events at sites across all states in the country are being organized. The activities at these sites will include illumination in and around the sites, cultural programmes of dance, music, theatre etc.
- Tourism & Governance: Interactive sessions & workshops with the help of concerned stakeholders on varied themes have been organized across the country as a part of the Paryatan Parv activities.